Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Oil Pressure?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by tunelliner, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Hi i just recently picked up my hornet .. it seems that there are two minor problems with the Bike atm, but otherwise the bike runs v.good.

One i have already diagnosed (with help from VCM - me asking him stupid questions :oops: ). It has something to do with my low beam not working, I guess its something to do with the electrics/wiring

The other is to do with my oil. Every now and then when my little hornet is on, the red oil light lights up. It is usually when my bike is leant over on the sidestand. However it has flicked on once or twice when the bike has been perpendicular to the ground.

But when i start the ignition on the bike, the light switches off and it seems like its running pretty good.

The problem is that I am not completely sure if I have a problem with my oil pressure or that the sensor is a bit dodgy. I have already checked the oil and its full nor black.

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

2. The oil light is supposed to do that...

Comes on with the ignition (so you know it works)
    Goes out soon after startup (so you know the oil pressure is ok.

If it comes on while you're riding. STOP.

Check oil level.
  3. thanks :) great appreciated.
    now i need to go fix my low beam :(
  4. No such thing as a stupid question if you are honestly stuck. If there was, I'd hold the award for most dumbest questions ever asked. :p
    Sorry i cant be of much help with your wiring.. Brisbane is a little out of my reach :LOL:
    Sounds like a switch though. Do you know anyone that can use a test-light?

PS: How about putting up some pics of your new baby :wink:
  5. haha will do... let me finish writing this stupid "cross-cultural universality of attachment in infants and toddlers" report first

6. Check the bulb on the front headlight, the low beam wire probably blew at some point in time only leaving the high beam one.