Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

oil out of airbox of scarabeo?

Discussion in 'Scooters' at netrider.net.au started by glo206, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Hi guys, I am a new comer here.
    nice to meet u all. got a question for u more experienced scooter riders.

I got a Aprilia Scarabeo 100 4T. on the wkend i slipped on the wet grass in the front yard (very embarassed!!) and tilted the scooter on its side while the engine was on.

No exterior damage on the grass. The engine stalled, had to rest it for a while b4 able to start again.

Once started there was a burnt smell for a few seconds then it was normal. Then there was a patch of oil on the ground in the morning.. which seem to be coming out of the air box?! running down the side of the transmission cover etc. dripping on the ground. the flow was slow, u can't see it dripping.

I wiped it all off, then rode it for 30min as oil levels were still fine. The bike ran normal... i was wondering where the oil came from??
    any ideas? The bike seems to be running fine now and there does not seem to be more oil coming out.

any ideas, much appreciated.

Gazza

2. When i used to wheelie my Benelli 491 (yes you can wheelie a 50cc scoot :grin: ) sometimes you would get a little oil "sloshing" out and dripping down. I was told this was simply the oil reservoir overflowing, so it was nothing to worry about, so long as you kept an eye on it and topped up if necessary.

It could very well be the same in your case.

3. Ok, thanks guys, I will keep an eye on the oil level or more oild drips coming out.
    cheers

4. I see, Gazza, snuck in through the unattended back door of the scooter forum to avoid the welcoming committee, eh???? Well, we have ways of dealing with people like you....

WELCOME to Netrider, buddy!!! :LOL: