Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

oil leak

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by ksystemz, May 7, 2008.

1. just got my bike serviced , felt great afterwards besides having to adjust my clutch and brakes again. now i have little oil leaks coming from under the bike everytime i leave it , i know i should ring the bikeshop up as neva happend before , but would i have to pay 4 this? i have no idea

2. take it back.dont pay..dont go back after that...
  3. But first, check the sump plug. reach underneith until you feel a big bolt on the bottom of the oil pan, and see if it rotates... They are known to come loose if not prepped properly. Tighten if necessary.
  4. yer the bolt has oil on it! it seems tight though hmm
  5. Is it just on the bolt or is it dripping onto the bolt?
  6. [​IMG]

well i felt around and just around the bolt only seems to be oil, i will ring tommorrow anyhow but still i liketo know whats wrogn too
  7. If they don't use a new washer there is a good chance that it will leak.
  8. yer its doesent look like its screwed on properly , the oil is around that scew number 2. i will make them put new oil in as i lost some
  9. +1
    It's a minor detail, but often ignored.
  10. just rang them before, told me to bring it in, hate when they cant do stuff on weekends!