Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Oh the shame

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by zilly, Nov 7, 2007.

1. After retrieving my bike from my Aunt's house, I had my boyfriend following me in his car, we decided that we would see who would get home first, me going via the toll way, and he would go via Bell St.

Both going at the speed limit, and the bugger bet me by 500m :-( I thought the tollway would win for sure. I blame the train crossing - had to wait 5 mins for 2 trains to go through.

Also on the way back I went through one of those "check your speed" here thingys, and it didn't register my bike, do I have to be in a certain part of the lane? I was almost in the center of the lane when I went through.

2. Toll way hey... I live in Ferntree Gully and work in Altona... It takes on average 7 minutes longer to get to work via Dandy road of a morning than City Link and Dandy road is quicker most evenings by around 5 mins - is the tunnel worth the $14(light comercial vehicle) it costs me daily to use it...???

3. damn I'd hate to go down that road every morning o_O. I live in Thomastown and work in Altona and I'm already crying just going down one freeway.

phong =P~

4. i love those check your speed thingys.. i always try and break my PB record :twisted:

5. the one in melb can only go up to 120kp/h anything over that it say "too fast...slow down"
    hahaha

6. I was under the impression that the toll ways were faster hence why you pay for the service (although free for bikes in Vic)

I think what is worse is my boyfriend has been gloating how he bet me on my bike (he is not going to let me forget it :-( )

7. Don't worry about it. You ride a bike, he drives a cage. You win. :grin:

Also, I betcha $100 he lied about not speeding. :wink:

8. I've been doing that trip daily since February this year. Tollway saves me no less than 15 minutes.

If he beat you going down Bell Street, then he sped. No argument.