Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Oh no!... he got a motorbike!!!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Thumperpilot, Aug 17, 2012.

1. That pretty much sums up everyone's reaction to me showing up at home with my motorcycle learner's and a beaten up old XR600.

After a wad of cash on parts, too many stripped threads, grazed knuckles, and a flat black rattlecan respray the old thumper lives!.... I can't remember the last time I had this much fun in public without getting arrested.

...I might even go for my P's soon.
  2. LoL
    Nice intro nice
    I wanna start again ...
    No seriously gday n welcome
  3. Good on ya mate :D

Decent first post so the customary introduction might be waived....

4. Lol bit
    Im half blind n had to zoom in to read the train
    - o
  5. At least he's in the correct forum.

Welcome to NR!
  6. Welcome Thumperpilot, where abouts are you based.
  7. I think a lot of people get that reaction from family and friends. And even years of safe riding won't change the minds of some.

Great decision and welcome!
  8. Pics?.... you just had to go there, didn't ya! OK then, but ya can't say you weren't warned.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the postapocalyptic chook chaser:

....believe me, she was a lot worse when I adopted her, if you can believe that.

What you might not be able to see in the pic is the mikuni carby and air filter. It was cheaper to buy a mikuni from the states than to rebuild the original carb (thanks to :censored: Honda parts prices) so the airbox is gone which means that I had to custom fabricate a mounting bracket for the rear brake reservoir, which I did... out of bailing wire :LOL:

I'm in south west Sydney, near Fairfield.... I really should put this stuff into my profile.

Anyhow, thanks all for the welcomes, and thanks to the experienced guys that have written up the how-tos in the beginners forum. You have no idea how much you've helped me. (y)
  9. Welcome

Looks like there is still a lot of original stuff on there.............may this should be moved to modifications section as a project bike. Just kidding, admire your ingenuity in overcoming inflated bike part prices.
  10. looks like it needs a wax ..
  11. Wow mate.....that is a MadMax bike
  12. *baleeted*

I lie it was a TT600. Nothing to see here, move along.
  13. Welcome to NR. (y)
  14. That's exactly what I was thinking when he said "post-apocalyptic" :twisted: