Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

oh no... a motard...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Ed_noobie, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Hellllooo NR

Thought id make an intro as ive been lurking around for a bit posting here and there but never actually introducing myself, Names Ed, yes im on my L's and loving it. I have been frothing over getting a motorbike since I was about 10, riding offroad for a bit... but opted for the "your young, dumb and reckless" excuse to delay getting a motorbike for road use till I got a little bit more mature haahaha. Based in western syd and love getting out for a ride out on some twisties (not to hoon but to enjoy the ride)

heres the bike,
    2014 Husquvarna FE450 with optional supermoto conversion, still have the dirt wheels/tyres for when Im craving mud cakes. Get my FMF pipe soon, just waiting for Northside to get back to me about whats happening with it.

Look forward to hopefully tagging along to some NR rides if and when i find a free moment from school :(

P.s personal achievement, practicing my road craft and understanding how the bike reacts to "on road" riding while up at springwood road on a nice sunny day i managed to get rid of my chicken strips without even realizing! :wacky:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Howdy & Welcome to NR Ed!
  3. Welcome Mr Ed...(neighly did't write that but...ha just had to :) )
    couple of rides due north of you are on over the next few weekends if you are interested...see either recent posts or the rid forum :D
  4. Welcome to the forum from a former westie, Ed_noobieEd_noobie. Great choice of learner bike, too.
  5. cheers fellas.

was that a "mister Ed the talking horse" reference? My boss says the same thing everyday :( hahha
  6. It's a child of the 1950's and 60s sad reminiscence..I loved that show...so said with affection ...I can still sing the show's opening song...
    Anyway please be nice to the elderly ...;) although I can't see you youngsters referencing MKR or The Block in your dotage ha! :)
    We baby boomers have a rich seam of cheesy American 1960 shows to mine...I dream of Jeanie, Bewitched, Gilligan's Island, Dobie Gillis...etc etc ahhhhhhhhhh...:D
  7. hahahaha wow, miss the good ol days huh? haahah
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. welcome aboard :]
  9. cheers bud. Cant help think of the navy from your comment... wheres NR setting sail for? haha :p
  10. who knows but sometimes I think the crew here is based on the S/S Minnow and the passengers a mix of police academy shawshank redemption & Jason :wacky::wacky:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. hahhah I was thinking more 1996 "Down periscope"
  12. Never mind the yankee shows, The Avengers, with the lovely Emma Peel in nicely sprayed-on black leather.......<sigh>
  13. Welcome to NR...