Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Oh look common sense prevails

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by vic, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Delta scraps Indian call centres after customer backlash
    April 20, 2009 - 12:07PM

Delta Air Lines has stopped using India-based call centres to handle sales and reservations, the Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday.

The move makes the airline the latest US company to decide the cost benefits of directing calls offshore are outweighed by backlash from customers, the newspaper said in a story on its website.

Delta said it stopped routing calls to India-based call centres over the first three months of the year. Customers had complained they had trouble communicating with Indian agents, the newspaper said.

"The customer acceptance of call centres in foreign countries is low," Richard Anderson, Delta's chief executive, said in a recorded message to employees, according to the newspaper. "Our customers are not shy about letting us have that feedback."

Earlier this month, SLM Corp the student loan company commonly known as Sallie Mae, said it plans to move its overseas operations back to the United States, pulling jobs from India, Mexico and the Philippines.

Delta isn't pulling back from the use of all foreign call centres. It will keep some Jamaica and South Africa centres, which haven't generated such vociferous complaints, the newspaper said.
  2. Now there will be room there to take the Netrider complaints line.
  3. And our wonderful banks are doing the opposite, fcukin wankers giving overseas telemarketers our banking details.
    Telstra are thinking of CHARGING us for the privilege of talking to an Australian if you don't want the freecall to India's cauldron of corruption and telefarketing.
  4. Easy tiger!
  5. I've never heard of any incidents of banking theft arising from Indian call centers.
  6. I wouldn't trust them with my money matters, would you?
    What are the safeguards compared to here in oz?
    Legal issues etc?
    Too complicated if things go astray and they could easily do so with a simple misunderstood word from some halfwit who can't speak english properly.
  7. I smell racism...
  8. You smell wrong, I smell trolling yet again, go play in the fishbowl over there---------->
  9. i smell a stupid comment. Smee's concern's have a certain validity about them. That's why I use a credit Union.
  10. I still smell racism...
    Do you have any evidence of theft??
  11. Smme, do you have any evidence of theft arising from Indian call centers?
  12. Wow you quoted the same thing twice to make your troll sound legitimate.
    Epic fail from a really bad baiter who has comprehension issues and misconstrues what's been said.
    Find where I said theft has occurred.
    I would not trust my money to anyone overseas.
    Please give up this troll
    The fish bowl is still over there--------->
  13. Sober up..
  14. pissweak
    ciao loser!
  15. Whilst I agree with you 100%

If you have a bank account then you trust them with your money!

Most of your info is logged somewhere overseas... Unfortunatly we have no choice but to trust banks and associated companies with all our details. Especially in this day and age.
  16. I trust the bank, I don't trust the overseas call centres.
    Any important transactions are conducted at the branch in person.