Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Oh Bollocks

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Loz, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Advantages of riding at 5.45am this morning: Roads dry, light excellent, no traffic.

Disadvatages: Possibly still waking up, road starts looking like racetrack, feel too much like superman.

I binned the Honda turning from St. Kilda rd into Domain at about 50k. Yeah I was probably enjoying the corner too much, but I lost the front on a slick of mucky water I assume came out of a truck/ute bed or something. Was already leaned right over, not much margin to correct things... Slide, sparks, landed on my arse.

Damage is cosmetic (cluch cover looking pretty sad) plus footpeg (possible rearset when it gets time to sell) and a bump on my elbow. The left oggy knob took one for the team, it's about 5mm more compact than before, which should help with aerodynamics :) Riding gear completely unmarked, the Draggins ad MotoDry did a great job.

What amazed me though was the three cars sitting watching as the whole thing happened. Not one person got out. Not one opened a window to yell "y'orright ya bloody doofus?" And they all drove off as I sat in the middle of the road. :evil: I stop to help broken down car drivers, and they're not even hurt! Mongrels all.

Anyway. Just thought I'd share. It was probably my turn to pants myself anyway. Must be your go again soon Matt? Take care out there.

2. Car drivers generally don't give a damn about bikes, we all know that, but it's in situations like your's that we see it proven over and over again.

Glad to hear that you're OK though and that the protective gear did the job!!!

Don't worry about the bike, they're easily fixed, it's harder to fix people.

Sorry to hear about it, though. Hope you're up and running again soon.

(aerodynamics!!! heheheehehe)

3. I can't believe not a single person stopped to see that you were alright!!!! That is truly shocking....

PMSL - road starts looking like racetrack, feel too much like superman!!! HAHAHA!!! :LOL:

4. Does that mean I can bury the front-wheel bearings in the depth of the shelves and we'll turn the job into a full-restoration?
    Dumbarse!! :D :D (Glad, you're ok, though !!! )

You couldn't wait for Tassie, eh? Way more cred if it happens with a whole bunch of riding-mates around. Perhaps Matt can tell you who to approach for getting the posted limits for that corner lowered? :p :p :LOL: :LOL:
    We coulda shortened the oggies with the hacksaw...

Haven't lost yer sense of humour...all's well.
    :) :)
    Can of Bunnings-mattblack and a roll of Duct-tape already put aside for you.
    cheers
    pete

5. glad to hear it was a fairly minor off..... and both you are the bike are ok

6. Great time of the morning to ride. :)

But they had the "Oil On Road" signs out up my way :roll:

That got me awake :shock: :shock:

Glad your ok.

7. Thanks guys... Yeah Pete, Dumbarse is the word. Can we get some new front bearings for my brain as well?

It's ok though, anyone who asks about the clutch cover, I'll just tell em, "Scraping pegs is for WIMPS. Get it right over, fool! When your mirrors are touching down on roundabouts, you're nearly ready to ride with me!"

:LOL:
    Lozzo - Netrider Extreme Lean Angle Squad #21

8. Domain Road corner from St Kilda Road has tram lines right?
    A friend of mine lives just up the corner from there, and that is a nice corner if you get the arrows or green lights..
    I'm pi$$ed off hearing that nobody stopped for you
    :evil:

Especially around that area, which can get pretty pretentious!

9. Bugger! :cry:

Glad to hear you're okay. I'm saddened but not surprised that none of the car drivers stopped to help though. :evil:

10. Hey Loz, glad to hear you're ok. Cagers sux when they don't bother stopping to help in an accident.

11. Maate....By now you should have been riding long enough to know that to cagers, you and I are dirty smelly vermin that need to be periodically culled.

12. I remember stopping one time for a broken down motorcyclist only to get this cautious, wary, surprised look (and comments)...

It was then I realised I was on my way home from work in the car LOL

I stopped... looked at the helmets and bike gear in the back seat of the car and laughed... he looked and grinned.

I sort of looked sheepish... and admitted that I was in the habit of stopping for broken down/crashed bikes and hadn't even considered that I was in the car :)

So yeah... some car drivers will stop ;-)

13. Yeh, but have you noticed that car drivers don't even stop for other car drivers that have a problem these days????

Symptom of our increasingly care-less society.

14. Yes... I know... sad isn't it...

Something should be done about it!

Ban cars and ban interstate football teams beating Melbourne ones :LOL:

15. hmmjmm, they'll be proprietary size,....again
    Better call Dad for spares, he supplied the OEM-equipment :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    Don't really wanna sp[oil your day...but...thought about how you'll explain that to Cheng?
    "Honey, it fell over on the drive this morning...yeah...me too !!"
    :LOL: :LOL:

16. hope your bike feels better soon loz!

and yes it was great weather this morning.

17. Uhrmmm, from what I understand, the factory has been decommissioned and all equipment taken offline... Might have to go aftermarket!

I got home, jumped back into bed with her and said "hey baby, wanna play with a new toy today?" And handed her the footpeg. Not a recommended technique, she looked confused for a minute, then nearly belted me! :LOL:

But yersss, probably not an ideal surprise when we're still looking around for her first bike! At least she's well aware that I ride very differently when she's on the back. And I'll look after her when she gets her own bike and we're doing the baby elephant walk until she gets her confidence up!

18. Yikes! Glad you OK, the bike is easily repairable and rideable, and the humour hasn't been lost. Between you, matt232, and martyh it's going to be an adventurous Tassie trip me thinks :)

19. Game of tag...NOT accepted!!!

The cagers that early in the morning were probably still fast asleep (more than usual) and just thought you were another manhole cover. Still pretty harsh, small consilation but they aren't all that bad. When Fingz came off in spetacular style about 5 cagers were there before Splash/templemonkey and I could get off our bikes.

20. Don't count yourself out hop-along.