Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

OGK Helmets

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by juitzhead, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Hello everyone,
    Im interested to hear from anyone who has used or seen OGK helmets in Australia. Ive read a few internet reviews and most of them are positive.
    Im in the market for a new helmet and wouldn't mind trying one on.
    Specifically looking for the FF4 since it meets Snell and DOT standards.

2. they dont seem like an Aussie helmet and can't say i've seen them in any shops here in melb either. Also notice during my search OGK are associated with Nitro helmets, you cna get Nitro here might be worth a look
  3. Are you ordering it from OS?
    if you do, just remember that its not going to have a australian standards sticker.
    Not that cops here check that when they pull you over, but its something to think about.
  4. Yeah, I can only find them on overseas sites.
    What is the Australian Standard for MC helmets and would the Snell and DOT standards meet or surpass them?
  5. i havent seen them for sale here, but i can tell you about the build quality as i had an ff3, they are the most comfortable lid i have ever worn,

both helmets i had fit me perfectly (better than any lid i have ever had, almost like it was made for me) but they are noisy (due to the side pods and top vent) but i used to wear ear plugs on long rides so it didnt bother me much.

if you can get hold of them in Aus let me know as i might be tempted to go back to OGK.
  6. Having a bit more of a browse and found that the OGK FF4 actually meets Snell M2000, ECE 22.05 and AS-1698/AS1609 (Australia) standards according to this site http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/ogk/ff4/index.htm.
    I think that this is an australian site also.
  7. Just a thought if you do buy one without the sticker it may pay to keep a copy of that web info under your seat just in case ya do get a smart a**e cop pull you up! my 2 bob's worth!
  8. just a thought that if the helmet does not have the Aus Stan sticker it is illegal regardless of what you keep under your seat.
  9. Ok! I stand corrected!
  10. They are on sale in Australia...great helmet...fully made in Japan...ring your local dealer
  11. just saw in the latest amcn...
    ogk helmets for sale at the helmet warehouse (this is not a plug!), i'm guessing these will be the official aus import items with appropriate stickers.

$300 for aeroblade in plain colour
    $430 for graphics

$540 for ff4 venom
  12. Where is the helmet warehouse?
  13. next to the factory
  14. I was keen on one awhile back. What ever l was reading at the time spoke highly of them. Tried one on in the expo tent at the Moto Gp. I did'nt find it to be as comfortable as my Arai. I think I just have an Arai head. You have to try as many helmets on as possible till you find the one your happy with.