Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

OGK FF4 "venom" Helmet - Opinions, anyone?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by mjt57, Jul 9, 2006.

1. I'm in the market for a new lid. Tonight I read a review on this new OGK helmet, a brand of which I've haven't heard about before.

The AMCN reviewer thought that it was OK, but in his words, "can't hope to contend with the models that cost north of $1,000". Paraphrased slightly.

I was wondering if anyone here has one of these, and how long have they been around for?

Of course, when it gets down to it, what will make it a good lid for ME is how it fits. When I purchased my current helmet, an AGV, I tried on about a dozen different lids. The most comfortable fit was a Doohan replica Arai. But I wasn't about to fork over $1,200 for it.

The OGK is cheaper than a lot of the other brands at around the $570 mark.

Anyway, over to you folks...

2. i loved the ogk mate... but in the end opted for an ARAI .... purely cause arai fit very similar... very similar weight.. .... but was known brand here in oz... apparently ogk is awesome.. i might looka t for 2nd helmet when they more common here... bu arai condor servin me well so far.... ogk ff4 is awesome helmet as far as i'm concerened.. just felt a little safer goin for brand i knew for first helmet.... is always personal chicle though....

3. had 3 before (over in the uk) they are excellent, fully removeable cheek pads and liners, brilliant venting and good fit for my head.

on bad point is the venting makes them a bit noisy.

and as to the idiot who said they cant mach up with $1,000 dollar helmets, he obviosly dont know what he is talking about, they are on a par with top of the range helmets from other manufacturers.

if i wasnt going to by a roof as my next helmet, i would have one of these again