Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Oggy knobs on a Street Triple

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Fitty, Sep 20, 2010.

1. A word from the wise; if you've got a Street Triple, unless you want a pain in the arse job, get your Oggy Knobs installed at your next service.

You have to replace the front and back engine mount bolts (on either side of the cylinder heads) with the supplied bolts. The back one is no big deal, but the front one has a nut on the inner side and it's seriously difficult to get at it with a spanner - there's sweet F.A. room between the headers, the radiator and the fan.

To get good access, you need to take off the radiator shroud and undo the bottom bolts on the radiator to swing it forward. Dropping the front wheel would be ideal, although the whole process would end up being reasonably time consuming. - I didn't do this, so don't just take my word for it if you're going to have a go.

I managed to do it without taking anything off but it was fiddly as buggery to get the spanner on the nut, especially on the left hand side, and I had to use an old hammer handle to tap it off when I was done. It would definitely help to have a second pair of hands to hold a light, etc.

In the end it only took me about 20 minutes, but I didn't really have a good look to make sure it would be an easy job (lesson learned). Mind you, 20 minutes of my time was probably worth the $140 Peter Stevens were going to charge me for installation at my first service.
    • Like Like x 1