Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Oggy Knobbs

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by takagawa, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Anyone know who in Melbourne stocks (and installs) Oggy Knobbs?

2. The search button revealed this

Just ensure that they dont bend your frame if you throw it down the road. The in-sewer-ants company will not accept your claim :(
  3. Yup saw that one in the links section vic. Know any others?
  4. Any bike shop in Melbourne should be able to order them in for ya.But cant you fit them yourself? Its a fairly simple procedure,if i can do it anyone can!! :LOL: :LOL:
  5. Like gixxersuk said ;) any bike shops should be able to get them for you.
    You should be able to get them from Peter Stevens, Mick Hone, A1 etc, etc.

You may be able to find them on www.maw.com.au too
  6. lol!Good on ya vic! :LOL: :LOL: Thats ok i can get my payback without having to resort to name calling. :LOL: :LOL:
  7. Hmm, I never see them on shelves and I can't find them on eBay. I thought they were a special order or something. I'll check around anyways, thanks.
  8. ocd racing have them in stock, and if they don have the ones for your specific model they can get them pretty quick.

give em a ring on 0408491668
  9. Man, that's the trouble with owning a CB250, not really many after market parts. Looked at the catalogue for Oggy Knobs, not provided for that model, same with the Megacycle exhausts. Just have to save biccies for the bigger bike and then mods galore here we come...:LOL:

10. hahhahahahha, you know I just love to hate them suz........suzu..........oh them damn things :) :LOL:
  11. http://www.jsr-performance.com/er racing/erracing.htm

These are the frame slider's I have on my bike, they're not obvious, and work well. If anyone wants, pm me and i'll send them a pic of them fitted on the bike.
    A mate of mine got cheap ones from ebay, the bike fell over and the slider just broke in half.
  12. This is interesting Vic, not the first time I have heard this. If you told the insurer that you had them on prior to the accident (ie as an accessory) and they accepted them, would they still able to refuse the claim?
  13. Dont they make a Crash bar to fit the ol' CB's anymore... Better than oggy's for that sorta bike, protects ya header pipes as well as ya engine...
  14. $138 for a pair from Bike Magic. Plus $50 to install.
  15. Don't exactly look good though, do they? Understand they're function and good for what they do but not exactly the thing for making the bike look flash, unless they're chrome...mmm chrome, shiny metal...mmm..:LOL:
  16. Nodz, I predict someone will design really trendy crash bars for sports bikes, and they'll make a comeback :)
  18. Crash bars I think are mutually exclusive to the performance of the bike (unless you want to take fluid and aerodynamics into account, but that's beside the point). But I think if you want to get the best in performance, there's nothing wrong with doing it in style.

19. But they work better....... thats my point... Works better over looks better.... ALWAYS
  20. Crash bars isn't really designed as a 'safety' feature. They're to protect the bike from damage during a drop. Why don't they have crash bars on the motogp. Firstly because they reduce cornering clearance. And secondly they pose a safety hazard during high speed crashes, ie the foot gets caught inside the bar or something.

So when you think about it, although they work better when you want to save your bike, there are tradeoffs, and performance is one of them.