Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Oggy Knob for CBR250RR

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Anthony, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Oggy Knob / slider knob for CBR250RR. Has anyone seen them, or know of a place that sells them, or know which existing one will fit my bike???

I want to protect the fairing on my bike as I am only a Learner and don’t want to trash it.

Thanks!!

2. I don't think they make them for the babyblade unfortunately, i was looking for months before i gave up.

One possibility is to see if oggys from other model cbr's will fit the 250 that was something i didn't think of when i was looking.

3. yeah, that's what I am hoping someone would know what else will fit the cbr250. I have heard that maybe a TZR250 will fit. I am also wondering if the CBR600 will fit.

Or is that anything out there at all that will do a similar job at protecting the fairings when I drop it???

4. Anthony,

They don't make oggy knobs specifically for Baby Blades.

I have a CBR250R and have been searching and pestering businesses/people for months!!!!

The only way (that I know of.....if I'm wrong or if someone knows another way, please educate us :grin: ) to fit oggy knobs to a baby blade is to buy some sort of generic oggy knob and fit the bolt to your frame somewhere. This will usually result in having to drill a nice hole somewhere in your fairing tho :shock: so really you need to weight up the costs & drama's involved.

I recently had an off at 85km/h and only resulted in a couple of cracks in my left fairing. If I had oggy knobs, then the damage would have been more severe (so I've been told....and I am inclined to believe). To replace my fairing, which will include my custom paint ob & decals being re-done, will cost me about $300-$400 and personally I think that's REALLY reasonable for a bike of such an age.....

My 2c & something to think about.......

:grin:

5. The only thing that will protect your fairings 100% is.......................
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Drum roll for effect :LOL:

..................keep upright and don't drop it....... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sorry......I just couldn't resist. Seriously tho, there isn't anything that will completely protect your fairings because it depends on how the bike goes down as to what (if any damage) occurs and the extent of the damage.

If you high/low side on the road, then oggy knobs will help to protect your fairings to a certain extent but if you come off on grass etc then the won't really do anything.....

.....but as I said, it's all dependant on what happens when the bike hits the ground ie. whether it flips and bounces or whether it just slides.....oggy's are good for slides. Every down is different so you can ever say "Oh yeah. Oggy's will save your fairings in any down".....know what I'm gettin at????

:grin: :grin: :grin:

6. do a search for oggy knobs and you'll find a place you can enquire about getting them designed (Promoto / Ultimoto) also chat to the guys over at the CBR250R(R) forum to see if they know.
    http://www.cr-x.org/cbr250/