Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Oggies and top boxes

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Pugsly, Apr 24, 2013.

1. I'm in the process of negotiating on a new bike and a few bits, trouble is, I'm not 100% on prices, and would appreciate some guidance.

Two questions for the learned out there.

What's the general cost to fit Oggies? Am I better off getting the dealer to do it, or should I get somewhere like 60 degrees (who is walking distance from my place) to do it?

Secondly, for anyone that's put a top box on a bike - I'm looking at the RJays 39L jobbie. How much do the Honda brackets to put one of these on a bike usually cost?

Thanks for any help!
  2. And I'll be taking notes as people answer your questions :D

Are the honda Top boxes too pricey ? Or are they not on aus yet ?

It's getting so close to 4 may I reckon you should book those test rides at Hart
  3. dealers often don't have a lot of room to manoeuvre on bike price but sometimes will deal on accessories. depends how keen they are to sell. try for free fitting on the oggies and the top box.
  4. Not in Aus yet. And yeah, May 4th is close. I'm booked in, but honestly, I'm keen on these.
  5. I've managed to squeeze the bike price a little, fitting of the top box is included, they've quoted an amount to fit the oggies. I'm just trying to gauge if its discounted or not.