Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Offroad riding tips?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by CelticKnight, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Hey guys, not sure if this should go here or in the road/trail section, If its not the right section, just move it please?

Has anyone got any tips for riding road/trails offroad? in sand?

I'm trying to get used to riding off road so i can go riding with my mates, Has anyone got any tips they can give me?
    Cheers
    David

2. Well for sand, you run low tyre pressures, move your arak to the rear of the bike so the front is less likely to dig in, and keep your speed up! To stop, is to dig.

John

3. STAND UP!!!

weight outside footpeg when making a turn, elbows up. try to lean the bike more than your body when cornering.

in sand you can really lean the bike over, and have your weight a little further back than on dirt. keep on the gas and keep the bike revving. when the bike is revving it makes it harder for it to fall over. try to ease up on the front brake, more rear brake.

4. Ahh that makes sense! yeah i found I should have used the rear brake more often because using the front brake makes the front wheel try to dig in making the bike feel like it was going to destabilise and tip over (which it did once).

Yeah, trying to soak up all the advice I can get :)