Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Offroad Bike to a Road Bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by HondaCT, Nov 18, 2014.

  1. Hi guys. Does anyone know how hard it is to register a bike for road use that has previously been used as an off road bike? What documents do you need to get it on the road? Is it expensive? Anyone done it? The bike is an old Honda xr and it's in Victoria. Thanks

  2. U need a blue slip and obviously it needs headlight , indicators, brake light etc . Does it have all of this on it now ?
  3. It has headlights and a brake light but no indicators but I could wire up some indicators easily enough. Is a blue slip like a stricter roadworthy test?
  4. A blue slip is a compliance test. Confirmation that the bike meets the design rules for road use.
  5. Ok thanks. Does a normal motorbike mechanic do them? I'll look into the cost of getting it.
  6. In nsw not all pink slip guys do blue slips
  7. ;-)