Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Official: Rossi to Yamaha

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by cazzo, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Yeah saw that, been coming for weeks it seems. Hopefully he will have a competitive bike to finish his career.

Both him and whore hey on 2 year contracts. Will be interesting to see how they get on as team mates.
  2. Time will tell whether it was the bike or the rider
  3. We know the answer to that already; if it was the rider he'd have won a couple of more world championships at Ducati....
    • Like Like x 1
  4. What do you actually mean Horn? You possibly can't be saying Mr Rossi can't ride?

By the way I think Stoner is just a wild piece of talent a FREAK!

5. Rossi WC 2013.
  6. It's certainly on the cards now. Not wishing away this season but 2013 will be very interesting...
  7. I'm not saying Rossi can't ride, because his record says he can. But other people have won championships on a bike has done likewise with, but he has failed utterly to master the Ducati, while Stoner has won titles on both Ducati and Honda. So given his wins on Honda and Yamaha, and his lack of success on Ducati, it IS the bike, or at least a huge percentage of it is.
  8. The bike is pretty much ALWAYS one of the key factors. I know we look back with rose tinted glasses on decades past thinking it was all the rider. But that is BS. It's a combination of the two.
  9. The problem particularly for Rossi is his claim (back when he was with Honda) that it's mostly the rider that counts. He left Honda because they believed it was the bike.
  10. Its the vibe your honour
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Indeed.
  12. Who is replacing Stoner ?
  13. Marquez
  14. Marquez + Pedrosa vs. Rossi + Lorenzo.

Honda's got no chance. :)
  15. hondas dont snap swingarms...........
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Faaark. It's true...
  17. But the bridgestones don't work well on Hondas.

I think in 2013 that Marquez, after highsiding to the moon, will take it to them incl Lorentho in the 2nd half of the season, and be a genuine contender in 2014. Dovi will crash into Pedrosa at some stage and break his collarbone for him.
  18. Anyone game to predict Hayden's teammate at Ducati?
  19. Dovizioso

Lorenzo will kick Rossi's arse