Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Officer/rider down, Toorak (Vic)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by pvda, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Victoria Police lost an off duty member last night when he "lost control" of his motorcycle and collided with a pole on Malvern Road in Toorak at around 10:30pm last night.

As with all accidents involving Police the Ethical Standards Department is heading the investigation in the incident.

My condolances to his family, friends and work mates.
  2. Too right. This is one time to set aside differences. What a waste. Condolences.
  3. Indeed, he might have been "the enemy" when hiding behind a billlboard with a camera, but he was a brother in terms of his transport. As with all deaths, he will be missed, and if our condolences can be registered where his family may know of them and read, I'm sure they'll be comforted. (Is this possible, Vic??)
  4. What a shame to lose one of Vic's finest, my thoughts go out to his family, friends and colleagues.
  5. black arm band time :(
  6. Surely now is the time to show that all riders are riders... what they do for a job is irrelevant. Any thoughts on what we would all do if it was any other rider?
  7. This is sad news. Condolences to his family and friends.
  8. Thoughts and wish with family and friends
  9. Very sad to hear that about a fellow rider :cry:

Condolonces to his family and friends.
  10. what a waste... :(

11. I would be interested to know what happened. I wouldn't have thought that stretch of road to be a killer. :S

It's never nice to hear news like this. I hope his family get thru it alright in the end.
  12. My condolences to his family and friends.

Careful out there, it was slippery as all hell last night with more wet and slippery days/nights to come.
  13. After my first month of riding, I nearly lost it on Toorak Rd. Coming down a steep hill, just after rain, I slow down coming into an intersection and my front and rear started to slide. I stopped just a little bit over the line. Think I went through a long patch of oil left by a truck.

Anyways, mistakes happen. I think motorcycle police are on our side, or at the very least preferable to the others. They understand what all riders go through. I wonder if it was the rider on the BMW I see occasionally on the Monash.

Does anyone know where I can pick up a police ribbon? I thought'd I'd drop into a station to pick one up.
  14. I woke this morning to the clock radio telling me a rider had lost his life, and I just thought "oh no, not another".

Condolences to his family and friends.
  15. Bad news all round. I hope his famiy left behind cope as best they can.
  16. Just saw it on the morning news
    He was riding a bluish suzuki across and lost it in the wet and hit a pole.
  17. It will be interesting to hear the circumstances surrounding it considering it's a relatively straight and slow suburban road and there's no mention of another vehicle involved.
  18. Good idea.

Poor bloke :cry:
  19. Very good idea , might drop in to the police station on the way to work and pick one up . Condolances to his family and friends.
  20. My thoughts are with his family and friends

Take care out there guys.