Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

office workers

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by _joel_, Feb 12, 2007.

1. well, today i officially set up my office at work.
    i havent had the need in the past because if there was rainy days i would just sneak home and do my computer work-stuff from there.

so now i got an office, with a lovely view of a hotmix asphalt plant and am finding myself with nothing to do.

what do you do for shits and giggles when you are stuck in the office like a caged rat?

2. Simple, silly, you work on you post count on Netrider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. like that needs any help :rofl: :oops:
  5. Get Scrambles work email !

He will keep you occupied during the day ! :rofl:
  6. If you can - get up and talk to people instead of sending emails...gets you out of the office - breaks things up a bit... :grin:
  7. You could try building a boat. :grin: As soon as everyone figures out what you plan to do with the timber and power tools, they'll be sending you back out into the field in no time. :wink: :LOL:
  8. Smoke more...
  9. Good on ya Gibbs.........

Regards, Andrew.
  10. [Whacks Andrew on the back of the head]
  11. YouTube, with intermittent bouts of googling yourself and your friends/acquaintances. Not that I know anything about that.
  12. Down load Max H&*#core and show the receptionist/secretary, ask her you want to try it out and you need her help. :) not sure if I can say that
  13. That just reminded me, first week of being in a new office and I'd saved a file somewhere on the shared network and was browsing to find it. That's when this conversation took place:

Me: You guys have a p0rn folder?!
    Boss: Is that the one in videos, or images?
  14. use a tabbed browser... have 1 work document open as a html file... then open a plethora of other random crap aaaaaaall day everyday
    like me
  15. Get a news aggregator like Bloglines and keep adding your favourite blogs, vlogs, podcasts.

Set yourself a goal of accumulating 1,000 feeds in a month and by the end of it, you will have achieved very little work.

But will be the life of every cocktail party with your useless facts and pop-culture knowledge.

16. I try to get out for site visits at least once a fortnight and use the company "pool" BA Wagon to run around the country side (not unusual to put 750km on it in one day).

I actually managed to get paid to do a GOR run one Saturday last year all the way to Port Campbell and back (my manager actually thanked me for the offer to do the Overtime, little did he know how quick the car was driven that weekend).

The same weekend on the Sunday I had to go up to Wangaratta for a site visit and happened to have lunch at a small place called Winton while a Hartwell Club event was in progress (got some interesting comments when I turned up in uniform & in a company car).
  17. If the worst comes to the worst, you could even try doing some work :LOL:
  18. Stab!! Stab!! Stab!! You die now :twisted:

:LOL: :LOL:
  19. I got sick of my Office job as a service manager, now after 2 yrs self employed, I want an office job so I can troll NR all day :grin:
  20. :LOL: paid to do the GOR :LOL:

thats the thing, i average 2500kms a week doing my job, so when i do get stuck in the office for a day or two i go MAD!

nous- TOO LATE :rofl: , i already have :oops: