Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Office 2003 Contacts question

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by pvda, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Yeah I know it's Microsoft and old but the company I work for uses it and aint about to change in a hurry so I'm stuck with it.

Anyway, I changed to a nice new laptop a couple of months ago and somehow managed to transfer all my files, apps and e-mail files over properly this time =D>

The one handy thing Outlook 2003 had on my old laptop was a button on the properties pop up (whenever you double clicked on an e-mail addy from the corporate global address list) which copied their details into my personal Contacts file.

This is handy cos I sync my phone to Outlook so all those numbers also live in the phone (makes call filtering easy as well so I know who to ignore :p).

Along with the other niceties that disappear when you change laptops this button has disappeared ](*,)

I've tried the usual searching through the Help Files but as usual cant really find anything of value.

Any of you computer guru's got any proper suggestions I can use (IT tend to frown on dodgy apps) or know where the tick a box is to re enable this function??

2. Easier to show than describe.
    You should be able to right click, drag and copy to a different contacts folder when in Contacts View (CTRL + 3 to get to contacts view)

3. But that doesn't get me my Add to Contacts button back.