Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Off your restriction?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Eav, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Hey all

Just wonder for those who just off the restriction, does VicRoad send you a new license automatically or you have to call them???

Thanks in advance :biker:
  2. I still have the same licence since coming off restrictions.
    On mine, under "Licence Type" it has a "R" then the date of when I was restricted to.

If you're asking of when coming off your "L's", from memory, I think they issue a new one, but if becoming unrestricted, then no. You shouldn't need to call them.
  3. +1

No new lic when restrictions end, it's just that you'll no longer be inside the end date written on the back of your lic...happy days! :grin:
  4. Is this the same in NSW? I'm pretty sure we have to fork out for the privilege...
  5. We have to for out for everything Lilley, so its a pretty safe bet :p. My licence has my learners on it and a date, but thats the expiration date.
  6. Thanks Everyone
  7. NSW is ghey!

they slugged me $150 for my unrestricted licence. Didn't even have the descency to make some crappy attempt at a test like the Green P test for the car. Just walk in, give more money than other licences that actually have tests associated with them and walk out as a fully licenced, unrestricted and therefore perfectly skilled and talented in every way rider.