Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Off Restrictions -- Where to Test Ride

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Cambo, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Well I come off my 12 months restirctions and can legally ride a larger capacity bike on Saturday (6/4/08). :LOL: :LOL: Yah to be me.

I am booked in for Saturday afternoon at A1 in Ringwood to test ride an Aprilia Shiver 750 and the Aprilia Tuono r.

The question is, where do I go to test ride the bikes??

I was maybe thinking taking the back roads to the Eastern, then along the Eastern to Yarra Boulevard. Then return via Whitehorse Road.

OR

Do I head towards Yarra Glen and back via Warrandyte/Kangaroo Gound, etc.

Where would you go to test ride assuming you have between 30-45 minutes per bike?

2. Lucky bugger...

You sig says you have a Ducati on order. Did you change your mind?

Oh, and I reckon you'd be pushing it to get to Yarra Glen and back in 35 minutes... or was that the idea? ;)

3. He cancelled the Ducati order after he discovered they all have an inherent fault with a noisy clutch. :LOL:

4. Tell 'em you will be at least a couple of hours and take them for a good ride in the hills. Half an hour is never enough.

5. Ner Ner, beat you, I was off Tuesday :p ;)

G'luck with the hunt :)

6. I'd give the Boulevard a miss. Besides the fact that you'd probably be hard pressed to get there from Ringwood and back in the 30-45 minutes, it would mean most of your test riding is on the freeway...not much point of that. It's also a commonly enforced road with a 50 (from memory?) speed limit!

I think the Ringwood->Warrandyte->Kangaroo Ground->Yarra Glen->Ringwood loop would be a much better option. Most of those roads are 70-80km limits with some nice sweepers.

Butz. :beer:

7. I'll bet you'll know which one you prefer before the half hour is up anyway. Are you leaning one way or the other before you go for the test ride?

8. Just checked out some pics... it's a really subtle and understated bike isn't it... :)

9. Was thinking the S2R1000, but I dont know if I could live with the "Ducati" Rattle.

I am leaning towards the Tuono, but will know after the test rides.

Am now thinking heading to Warrandyte then Kangaroo Ground then Yarra Glen then to Ringwood.

Anyone want to join me for a ride?

10. i'll be there once i pump my tyre up, and adjust the rear derailleur. should i wear the lyrca if we're up in the hills, or? :p

11. What time? I got a vets appt at 11:30 (not for me). Would need to be back in Lilydale by 11:00.

12. In the afternoon, anywhere from 12.30 to 1 onwards.

13. Sounds like a plan...let me know if you do want company.

14. Looked like I've managed to fill in all my free time :(

Let us know what your decision is. New bike time, that's exciting :) :)

15. You'll never see Sat 6/4/08 mate.
    Today is 5/4/08 are you that excited? :LOL:

Hope you have a great test anyway.