Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Odometer Gremlins

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by scorpscdr, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Hi all, Went out for a ride today on my (GV650s 2013 model) about 80kms in total, however something buggy happened with the odometer. Parked the bike after ride, stopped for about 15 minutes whilst the missus and I enjoyed a coffee. Jumped on bike and started it up, and the odometer went from 000,289kms to 946,648kms. Turned the bike off for a few minutes, started it up again, odometer still read 946,648kms. Decided to get the bike home just in case something was up with the bike, whilst riding home the odometer flashed and reset to 000,000kms. Pulled bike over and turned it off again for a few minutes. Turned it back on and rode home. Now odometer reads 000,004kms. Any ideas guys? The dealership I bought my bike from is shut today and after some helpful advice........

2. Did you buy the bike new? If so, time for it to visit the dealer's workshop.

Did you buy the bike used from a dealer, and did said dealer mention any warranty on said used bike? If so, time for it to visit the dealer's workshop.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. That sounds like a fault with the instrument cluster. Odometers should not reset under any circumstance. Dealer issue.
  4. Bike was bought brand new from dealership, I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks.
  5. Good luck!
  6. A Hyosung right? I thought their build quality was getting better.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Yep, dash will be replaced
  8. I think you clocked it. Ask the dealer if you win a free game.
    • Funny Funny x 1