Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Odometer Correction

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by RUMPYTRUMPY, Dec 21, 2005.

  1. electronic odometer right ?? an instrument shop can take care of it for you and supply a certificate to state that it was done , but i wouldnt see you would get much change out of the 400 bucks anyway , and secondly im not sure if it would be saleable if anyone knew it was a "track bike" .... would you buy a bike second hand if you knew it was used for racing ?

  2. My thoughts too; if you use it for racing you'll probably only be able to sell it to another racer, and he/she's not going to care about mileage.....
  3. 50,000 more kilometers? I'd care. :)
  4. Take both odo's to a Justice of the Peace, or a Notary Public. Get them to confirm the readings and then you swear a Statutory Declaration to that effect, and get them to stamp it. Cost will be zero.
  5. There is a company in Heidelburgh (check spelling pete) called howard instruments. They charge $70 per hour and know there stuff. I have used them for repairs and reprograming of tachos/speedos in the past.

    Look in the white pages for the number.