Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Odd Ducati.. What was it ?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by kazjim, Jul 28, 2006.

1. G'day all, tis morning i spotted what looked like an old-school race-bike running throught the streets of sydney .. low, slim, bubble fairing, single round headlight....

I didnt recognise it at all, until he passed me (i was walking) and saw a Ducati sticker on the small, flattish tank .... not the old double-line ducati sticker, but the modern one...

a second glance at the engine and mechanicals confirmed that it was indeed an air-cooled V-twin... but it looked NEW... not just shiny, but looked like a 997 or 998 under the fairing . . . . very modern ...

is this just some crazy one-off custom, or is it a Ducati model I havnt seen before ?

i really liked the look and sound, and would love to have a closer look at one ... any information appreciated !

2. Or maybe the Pantah

3. Looking at the Ducati Catalogue it was definitely the Sport Classic Paul Smart 1000 ... sweeet !

Thanks guys
  4. I don't like the exhausts :LOL:
  5. That is why you change them for a set of Zard pipes
  6. Zard Megaphones you mean. :LOL:
  7. They are not that loud are they?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

8. Not at all... :roll: Could hardly hear you approach Southbank the other week... :LOL: :LOL:
  9. But do they sound as NICE as the old Contis on the original 900SSS, that's the question?

{The Ducastisti on the hill at Amaroo Park used to go into raputres when La Peca went by, echoing that glorious sound of the earth walls....}