Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW [Oct 9, 2016] Newcastle Feeder Grey Gum Flag Run (Grey Gum Cafe)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Cam2318, Sep 19, 2016.

Newcastle Feeder Grey Gum Flag Run
Start Date: Sep 19, 2016 16:00
End Date: Sep 19, 2016 18:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Grey Gum Cafe
Putty Road, New South Wales

Posted By: Cam2318

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Hi Guys and Dolls,

Just to let anyone in the Newcastle / Hunter area know that I'm catching up with our esteemed southern brethren on the 9th Oct for the Grey Gum Flag Run.
    Anyone interested in riding down let us know.
    Please note that I am only a noob L Plater, however I am more than comfortable at the advisory speeds. Also happy to start off riding with whomever and if they wish to take off once we hit the Putty, again no dramas.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fixed title
  3. I am keen, but won't know till closer to the date
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hey Guys

Want to get out of the traffic for a good country run, meet up with the Sydney crew, come along

PlundererPlunderer chazpowerschazpowers Jaz_13Jaz_13 philskiphilski BradGBradG tonyodtonyod

Can you think of anyone else who wants to join in please offer an invitation
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Hi Cam2318Cam2318 and NewieRiderNewieRider
    This ride sounds like a damn fine plan.
    Are you guys thinking of riding down to Windsor to join up with the Sydney-siders or meeting up with them at the Grey Gum Cafe for lunch?
    Talk soon.
  6. Nope not going to Windsor.

While the exact route wont be finalised until closer to the day but will be approaching Grey Gum Cafe through Broke and the North end of the Putty, including 10 mile
  7. Yep, that sounds like a plan.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Grey Gum Route 9 oct.

OK , Above is the route we are planning to take on Sunday.

Meet at Coles Express Wallsend East. The Shell Servo on Thomas Street (Heading towards the link road) in front of Kmart Tyre and Auto Service.

Be there at 7:45am for 8am Departure.

We will stop at Broke for Fuel then continue on to Grey Gum.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. #9 Cam2318, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    NewieRiderNewieRider if we leave at 8 we should be going past Wollembi Tavern around 9ish. It's my understanding they have an all day breakfast 7 days a week? Or at least a cup of coffee
  10. I was going to have Breakfast just before leaving home, but can stop if you like
  11. No all good. Chocolate milk at Broke will do me
  12. We cant have you running on empty..

Those details can be worked out at the meeting point before we head off.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  13. All good, I'll grab a quick snack at Broke when refuelling. Don't want to ruin my lunch appetite
  14. Sounds like a plan
  15. If you are going thru ellalong about 9.00 i will hook up at pub for run
  16. Ok Hyper we will look out for you.

Google says it takes about 50 min to get there so 9 sounds about right
  17. #18 Cam2318, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Guys I was going to bring my go pro along. Any video I put together from it , I will ensure number plates / speedos are blurred out. But let me know if anyone has any dramas with it and I will leave it at home
  18. I am bringing mine as well, same deal but I usually don't do anything with the footage
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Ok so will see you guys at Wallsend around 7.45 tomorrow
    • Like Like x 1