Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Oct 30, 2013] A Sunday rider 4th Nov 2013 (Pie in the Sky Cafe)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Senator17, Oct 30, 2013.

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
A Sunday rider 4th Nov 2013
Pie in the Sky Cafe
Confirmed Attendees: 0
Posted By: Senetor17
Start Date: Oct 30, 2013 22:00
End Date: Oct 31, 2013 00:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT
  1. A mate of mine & I are going for a ride on Sunday, no definite plans as yet, but probably heading North from Sydney. Anyone interested and with suggestions would be welcome. Saw the ride up the Putty Road planned for that day, but that would probably be too long for us this time.

2. There were no takers for a Sunday ride. I still met up with my brother and my mate Glen and we decided to take a run up the Putty Road. Lucky there were not takers as plans changed for our meeting place. Without actually planning it, it ended up being the same loop as someone else’s thread, only we were about an hour behind that group. There was very little traffic and we mostly had the road to ourselves. After meeting up at my place, we headed North onto the Putty with some great corners to warm up on. The morning started out very pleasant, warm but not hot and just a gentle breeze. Stopped at The Grey Gums Café for what ended up being lunch. Here my brother decided he wanted to go back he'd had enough. While he likes to ride, he doesn't feel like being gone all day. As for Glen and I, well, we're both "Cornering Junkies" and the best bits of the Putty were still to be ridden, so ride them we did. This is where I managed to Scrape my left Toe Slider though one of the longer corners, it was a real buzz. Then on to Broke for some fuel, bikes and riders needed a drink. Next stop Wollombi and here we had a beer. I usually wont drink alcohol when I'm riding, but is was quite hot by now and only had a light beer. This road is quite narrow and mostly no lane markings so you often find cars coming the other way who are in the middle of the road. So this section, we exercised quite a bit of caution, especially with the one lane bridges. From Wollombi down to Kulnara and Jerry's Café for another cool drink, then on to Calga. Here I said goodbye to my mate Glen as he was heading home via the freeway which was quicker and easier for him. I went home via the Old Pacific Hwy and again felt like I had the road to myself. Thanks to the rider for the warning, near the Brooklyn intersection there was a mobile speed (revenue) camera set up. By now the Wind had picked up too, since we left Jerry's in fact. At Berowra I jumped onto the freeway for the last leg back home. One of the strangest things I have ever felt on a bike was that as I crossed over the M5 at Eastern Creek, the temperature suddenly dropped about 10 degrees. I only got one photo of the bikes as I was too buzzed about my chicken strips and toe slider scrape. I hope everyone had a great and safe weekend. Keep the shiny side up. P1010770b. P1010772b. P1010775b. P1010779b. P1010785b.