Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD [Oct 22, 2016] Sunshine Coast Hinterland-The Big Loop (Marumba Downs)

Discussion in 'QLD' started by Colonel Coleman, Oct 18, 2016 at 16:48.

Sunshine Coast Hinterland-The Big Loop
Start Date: Oct 22, 2016 07:00
End Date: Oct 22, 2016 17:00
Time Zone: Asia/Vladivostok +10:00 VLAT

7-11 Marumba Downs
9 Blyth Road
Marumba Downs 4503

Posted By: Colonel Coleman

Confirmed Attendees: 6
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 6
  1. #1 Colonel Coleman, Oct 18, 2016 at 16:48
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016 at 17:35
    A few of us are keen on doing the Big Sunny Coast Hinterland Loop. Mt Mee, Malaney, Connondale, Kenilworth, Mapelton, MontVille, Palmwoods, Eudlo, Moololah, Peachester, Mt Mee again.

It will be a FULL DAY ride, with stops and lunch. Meet at the Marumba Downs 7-Eleven on Dohles Rocks Road for a 7am departure. Being a weekend I expect the Fuzz, so speeds will be sedate.

Colonel ColemanColonel Coleman CaffeineMonsterCaffeineMonster WraithWraith ValvolineValvoline NotrossiNotrossi CraigACraigA
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Where are those meet up points?
  3. Will show up on approVal. Messed up date too, asked for it to show Sat 22 October.

4. Fixed.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Uuughhh 7am at Marumba....

Guess I can't go out partying hard the night before then! :facepalm:
    Early to bed... Early to ride!! :joyful:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I was keen as but unfortunately I'm without a bike at least for this weekend.....apparently my bike repairer won't weld a tank with fuel in it.
  7. how bad is it? bit of metal putty get you through?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Hart ha....no its not leaking. Just needs a pretty up....something I've been planning for a while but was hoping to get it done by the weekend.
    That's OK. Give me a chance to catch up with yard maintenance.
  9. Lawnmower's can be fun. ;-)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Awesome CC. It will be a pleasure to ride with you all.

NotrossiNotrossi That's unfortunate. There is always the following weekend.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I'm in!
    Just need to work out where the hell this 7eleven is! If I leave here by 6 I should be able to make it there by 7.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. #12 Colonel Coleman, Oct 18, 2016 at 21:12
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016 at 23:33
    CraigACraigA it's easy. On the highway North just after the Gateway meets the Highway you go oVer the Pine River. You take the Very next exit, Dohles Rocks Road. Turn Left, there it is on your left.

Dead Easy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ill be coming from the other way though ( Sunny Coast), so take the North Lakes exit by the look of it?
  14. I can meet you at North Lakes and take you to the 7-11. At the North Lakes Exit there is the Caltex with the KFC and coffee shop. I can meet you there. CraigACraigA
  15. Exit 130 off the M1 if not google street view is your friend!
  16. Where's the fun in that WraithWraith ? :LOL:
    Much better for everyone else concerned if I get lost and then have a story to tell you all over bacon and eggs at our first stop isn't it?

Seriously, I should be fine!
    • Funny Funny x 3
  17. Bacon and eggs? I suppose that means stopping at the Pitstop Cafe I suppose. I was just going to grab a coffee at the lookout :)

18. It all sounds like fun. Some wonderful roads in there. If you ride Mt Mee from south to north, make Colonel ColemanColonel Coleman take you back up it before going down again. Make sure he takes you to Maleny via the Maleny Stanley River Road. I'd give Maleny a miss and head down the Postman's Track. It's awful, but Aherns Road to Connondale is good fun.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. #19 Colonel Coleman, Oct 18, 2016 at 23:24
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016 at 23:32
    That's pretty much what I was doing. I refuse to spend a cent in that god forsaken town of Maleny, so it will be dodged.

Edit: And you haVe no chance up the Obi Obi road trying to stay with me on the blade, or from Charlie Moreland to Kennilworth, or the drop into Palmwoods now I think of it :)
  20. oh ... I just realised.... DangerousDangerous.... I need to return your chord back.... maybe I can pass it to you near the Sunshine coast? lol