Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Oct 22, 2016] 2016 Cranbourne GP Run (Cranbourne, VIC)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Mouth, Sep 21, 2016.

2016 Cranbourne GP Run
Start Date: Oct 22, 2016 08:00
End Date: Oct 22, 2016 10:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

High Street
High Street and Sladen Street
Cranbourne, VIC 3977

Posted By: Mouth

Confirmed Attendees: 1
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 1
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. The roar of motorcycles and a sea of colour and chrome will fill the streets of Cranbourne on Saturday 22 October at the Cranbourne GP Run.

The City of Casey is proud to host one of the largest and most exciting events in Victoria, as thousands of motorcyclists gathered in Cranbourne to travel en-masse to Phillip Island for the 2016 Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix.

For more information visit http://www.casey.vic.gov.au/gprun

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. 2016 GP poster A2 PRINT - GP Run - Events Unit - 22-10-2016.
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Not long to go now!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. I and a mate will be there to support the event in the morning. Planning to ride out in the column and turn out at Lang Lang to go have a bit of twisty fun. Need to +1 my badge collection.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. So who else is going from NR?

Thinking of joining in too...
  6. I'll be there as usual. First year for junior cougs on the back this year
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Don't forget to rock up to the VMC trailer to buy your official GP run badge! $10.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Will do. Got the VMC email today as well..

Will you be there?
  9. Absolutely.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Perhaps we should all agree to meet up around the VMC trailer, I should be there by about 9am.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sounds like a plan..

Will aim for that location. Not sure about time yet but hopefully will be able to be there around that time.
  12. Just for a change.
    Green light for a great weekend

Thursday, 20 October 2016 04:08
    With the world’s best riders returning to Phillip Island this weekend Victoria Police want to make sure riding enthusiasts don’t become another statistic.

Large crowds in and around the island should expect to see police conducting random alcohol and drug tests, road blocks, speed enforcement and automated number plate recognition (ANPR) technology in an effort to remind motorists of their responsibilities on the roads.

Highway patrol units across the state, general duties members with support from the State Highway Patrol and Special Solo Unit will be out and about throughout the entire weekend.

Road Policing Command Assistant Commissioner Doug Fryer said that unlawful road users on and off road, speed, distraction and motorcycle trauma were focal points for police.

“We are making sure we have as many police as we can on the roads,” he said.

“The motorcycle grand prix turns our attention to the safety of riders, however we should all be reminded to pay attention and drive responsibly.

“Last year 27 people lost their lives on our roads in October. Forty-two motorcyclists, one pillion passenger and three off-road riders have died so far this year which is twice as many riders for the same time last year.

“Sadly these numbers mean nothing to a lot of people until they themselves lose a loved one on the roads. Each one of the lives lost has a ripple effect amongst family, friends and the community; thousands have been touched by these deaths.

“I was really impressed with the crowd as a whole last year and I expect the same again this year.

“I was particularly pleased with the behaviour of riders going to and from the island they were law abiding and importantly were riding safe.

“We want riding to be enjoyable but most of all we want it to be safe.

“So remember to plan ahead, think about the route you will be travelling, wear your protective gear and ride within your limits.”

Eastern Region is running Operation Motosafe throughout October which encompasses the grand prix and focuses on reducing road trauma, particularly involving motorcycles.

The Michelin Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix 2016 runs from 21 – 23 October.

Acting Sergeant Julie-Anne Newman

Media Officer

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. Hey guys, VMC would appreciate anyone inclined to step up to distribute Melbourne ToyRun leaflets to riders as they wander amongst the stalls and crowds... that would be greatly appreciated.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. And help selling badges! If you have ten minutes to work the line selling badges that would be great! This is important fund raising for the VMC guys!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I'll try and get there.
    Can't do the trip to the Island but would like to make it to the meet up at Cranbourne.
    Got some family drama's in Geelong that I need to attend.

If I can make then I'll help out.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. How is weather looking like?

My phone app is showing all doom and gloom..
  17. Looks nice out here right now. But it's Melbourne. Plan accordingly.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yeh..I'll be carrying summer gloves, winter gloves, rain gloves, rain jacket/pants, winter thermals and jacket.

19. dont forget your helmet
    • Agree Agree x 1