Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Oct 21, 2016] Standing Stones Wonder - Overnighter to Glen Innes, NSW (All welcome) (Nerang)

Discussion in 'QLD' started by Valvoline, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello NR peeps!

Expressions of interest for an overnighter to Glenn Innes (or thereabouts), NSW.
    Any rider welcome, from any state :)

Departure place: Caffe Chinos, 3/18 Ferry Street, Nerang QLD 4211

Departure Time: 7:30am DEPARTURE. If you want to have a coffee / breakky prior to that, come earlier.

When: Saturday 22nd till Sunday 23rd October 2016.

Accommodation – TBA Will vary from $45-$90 per person.

1. Great Central Hotel Accommodation

2. Great Fossicker Van Park 1 & 2 Bedroom Villas & Cabins at Fossicker Caravan Park Glen Innes NSW

3. Glen haven Motor Inn Glen Innes Family Budget Room | Glen Haven Motor Inn

Closer to the date I will be finalising the route – how convoluted and depending on experience as well as adventurous levels – if I can throw in some short gravel roads…. Whatever the case, I can guarantee you some roads you’ve never been on! However, this is a current rough guide:

Trip to GI suggestion:

Return Trip suggestion:

Trip Highlights: https://www.gleninnestourism.com/australian-standing-stones/

If there is enough interest can maybe extend the trip to go see the National Transport Museum, which has a nice collection of bikes too. National Transport Museum - Home

Alternatively too, for those nature lovers:
    Cranky Rock - Cranky Rock Nature Reserve | Warialda Attraction

Balancing Rock
    Balancing Rock | Glen Innes Attraction
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ValvolineValvoline, I should have loved to have toddled along on this (although I think I might have left you for the Bonalbo leg) but it's MotoGP weekend and a chap might have to travel south.
  3. God I can pick me right!? Lol
    Cause I don't own a tv that I don't follow it unfortunately.
    But have fun! :)
  4. Aussie Moto GeePee!!!!!!!!!!!

No chance. Soz :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.