Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Oct 15, 2013] Sydney to Phillip Island (Moto GP Ride) (Phillip Island)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by jalalski, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Hi Guys,

Anyone is riding to the Moto GP at Phillip Island in October from Sydney?

I will be leaving Sydney on Tuesday 15/10 and meeting-up with a group of 4 other riders at Cooma where the ride will start and follow THIS route
  2. oops sorry
  3. Just out of interest where are you staying while down there? Rented a house on the island?

Looks like a great trip... as much as I want to go, I probably can't spare the leave to do the trip this year... would like to plan early for next year and am wondering where is good to stay (would prefer to avoid melbourne and stay closer to the island)
  4. My 4 mates will be camping near the track, so they booked camping grounds for that. I am the lucky one to crash at a studio at my mate's place who lives there ;)

I don't think I can battle the freezing nights at my age, but am gonna miss all the fun and the campfire stories for sure :)

This will be my very first Moto GP experience and a first long trip on the bike, so am really looking forward to it.
  5. Will be riding down (from Sydney) and would like some company. What planned stop-over(s) are you working on? I am assuming that you don't intend Sydney - Cooma - PI in one ride.

6. Going there, will be:

Sydney-Nowra (to meet another rider and the support van)-Cooma (staying the night and meeting another 3-4 riders) then Cooma-Omeo (staying the night) and then Omeo-PI

Each section is bout 6 hours of riding (with stops)
  7. @jalalski - I'm in - expect a PM.

8. Hi Guys,

Just a heads-up that the group has already booked the accommodation for this ride, so if you plan on joining us, you gonna have to arrange/book your own accommodation for the trip to PI and coming back.

You can choose to bypass the first section of the trip (i.e. Sydney to Nowra) and head straight to Cooma instead. I just need to go to Nowra to join another rider mate of mine and the support van that will accompany us on the trip. Most of the group will meet us up at Cooma later in the day.
  9. #9 jalalski, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    Pls. Delete
  10. #10 jalalski, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    Pls. Delete