Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Oct 12, 2013] Giddy Goat Ride (Re-Run) (Diamond Creek)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Ned, Oct 3, 2013.

Giddy Goat Ride (Re-Run)
Start Date: Oct 12, 2013 09:00
End Date: Oct 12, 2013 17:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

33 Main Hurstbridge Rd
Diamond Creek 3089

Posted By: Ned

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. #1 Ned, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    :dance: Giddy Goat Ride (Re-Run)

RIDE LEVEL: 3 See: https://netrider.net.au/threads/ride-level-ratings.159944/

WHEN: Saturday October 12

MEET: Diamond Creek McDonalds, 33 Main Hurstbridge Rd.

TIME: 9-15am for 9-30am leave

DURATION: Approx 400km

If you don't have a full tank here, there will be a quick refuel at Yea.

I have recently done this route which is around Kinglake/central Vic seeking out the fun twisties with quite a few back roads (sealed) and some interesting scenery to match.

Apart from lunch there will be 2 or 3 other breaks/refuels, with the ride finishing at a cafe in Sunbury, where it's only a 30 minute cruise down the Calder back into the city.

Confident Learners with considerable experience willing to take the next step would be welcome on this ride.

Route will be discussed at the briefing where a TEC will be appointed and corner-marking explained.

If you'd like to come, please post your interest here so I can get an idea of numbers(y)

Cheers :peace:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Would be so keen to come to your famous rides.
    But why the hell I already planned this Saturday. Hrrrr.

Wish I knew earlier, maybe I would adjust then...

We may come across around Yea.

Enjoy it, sounds like fun ride.
  3. Thanks Dima. Sounds like you're going to be out and about enjoying the sunshine on your bike anyway. Might see you on a ride in the future.

Ride safe
  4. OK I am in.
    Do I need my jerry can or is 200km between fuel ups ok?
  5. Cool! Longest bit without a scheduled fuel stop is 140km, so you'll be fine(y)
    See you in the morning.
  6. Aaaahhhhh CRAP
    Just woke up and realised my brother is coming over tomorrow.
    Sorry mate, can't make it this time.
  7. I'm in. See you at the meet point.

Thanks @Ned and Lisa for a great day. Great roads, great weather and even by chance caught up with an old friend at the meet point..thanks for welcoming them to the ride as well...pity the other netriders missed out on a good day.
  8. #8 Ned, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
    You're welcome GR8N1K, a little cool to start off with but the tight group of 5 which flowed very well, thoroughly enjoyed themselves, with no need for corner marking or TEC. If you're ever around Yarck at lunchtime, pop in to the Giddy Goat Cafe where Sonia and her wonderful staff put on awesome fresh food and coffee for us hungry bikers. Reasonably priced and a lot of it is home made(y)

Nice to meet everyone who enjoyed some scenic roads around central Vic, before heading back over Mt Macedon to down a few coffees at Sunbury. Thanks for coming and it is great to hear the enthusiasm about the upcoming rides:)

Our route today: http://goo.gl/maps/DtteU

See you on the next one:cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. GIDDY GOAT RIDE (RE-RUN) :peace:

With sunny weather forecast for this saturday, I've decided to do this ride again, hopefully with a few more riders coming along to enjoy it. Please post here if you're keen for a cruise around central Vic.
  10. I'm in. I'll see you Saturday morning.
  11. looking good :)
  12. Damn this looks like a good ride......
    Can't make it this weekend or next :-(

How about a re-re-run on the 26th (additional to your ride this week)

Have fun :D
  13. Awesome!! With sunshine all the way saturday, it's sure to draw a few more out of the woodwork.

Sorry to see you can't make it Bitsar, but no go for the 26th as I'll be enjoying day 1 of my 3 day Learner Trip up to Bright with 12 other High Country participants:dance:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I think I'll jump on this ride, should give me a kick in the bum so I change the oil/filter tomorrow :D
  15. Sure, come along Blueyy, how did those fork seals go?
  16. back to normal, not a massive improvement.. but it doesn't smell like burning oil when I practice braking now :p

17. All good mate - we'll get a ride in one of these days.
    Enjoy your Bright trip - that'll be just what the doc ordered.
  18. I might cum
  19. ok definitely interested
    I'll confirm later
  20. Most likely I'm in.