Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Observation lessons

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Lumoto, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Just wanted to put this up because I think these Australian based YouTube videos are valuable for people like me just starting to get out onto roads and traffic.

Ken Whitehouse from H.A.R.T at St Ives in Sydney does these on a scooter and they're excellent instructional videos with relevance to all classes of 2 wheel riding. This is a long video but it shows how relaxed even a longish ride in peak hour traffic can be when you train your observational skills.

Another of Ken Whitehouse's vids on the same channel.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thanks for posting!
  3. Had ken for the MOST test, top bloke. Thanks for sharing.
    I believe he also has a program called "Show us your motor" :eek:
  4. +1 Thanks for posting, LumotoLumoto. Ken sounds like a good instructor; it would've been great to have him for the Learner or Provisional licence courses. It was also interesting to see a rider's view through the area I used to live in after nearly thirty years.
  5. tag myself to watch later :)
  6. Great video, thanks for posting LumotoLumoto. I don't have a lot of opportunities to ride in heavy traffic, watching this was very helpful.
  7. I have to say it was only after watching these I became confident enough to try peak hour myself.

I've now had my first evening ride, and my second commute in afternoon and morning peak hours and it's all gone well.

I'll be learning for a good while but my odometer is up at 198km and I still can't get enough. Always thinking about the next ride but I'm away in business for a month overseas so unless I can hire a bike there I wont be riding for a while.
    • Like Like x 1