Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD OBD II Cable for Triumph

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Miniblu, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can anyone sell me a proven cable with FTDI chip set for my 675 Daytona? I've had two duds from eBay. Or can anyone recommend a supplier?

2. What are you using the cable for? Tuning or diagnostics?
  3. Just diagnostics. Engine malfunction light is on after I changed the plugs. Two plugs had failed, and the unburnt fuel caused the cat converter to glow red hot. I think the exhaust gate valve may be seized. TuneECU should confirm that. Don't want to pay the dealer an uncapped fee to tell me that.
  4. Where are you? I have a known good one that I've used on my Tiger and o my Sprint GT before I traded it. I don't want to sell it but we could take a peek at what's going on with yours?

Are you in a hurry to do this?
  5. Appreciate the offer, Teef. I am in Tannum Sands, near Gladstone.

Are you South African? Teef means something in Afrikaans. If you atre SA you'll know what I mean. If you aren't, you probably don't want to know...
  6. I'm not South African, but years after I first adopted the name teef (a corruption of my real name Keith) I found out what it meant in Afrikaans LOL. I shouldn't necessarily argue with it ;-)

I'm just wondering whether your problem relates more to using a windows 8 computer? The OBD II driver for tuneECU won't install on windows 8 or later, only windows XP or 7? I had to drag out an old laptop to make it all work but then it worked a treat.

Sadly I'm in Brisbane, A bit of a major effort to meet up for a cable :-(

Next time I head up to Gladstone which happens a few times a year I'll check where you are up to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.