Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

O7 yamaha R1 tyre recommendation

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by KharmaKazi, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Hey guys
    Needing to get new tyres very soon.
    The bike has dunlop sportsmart tyres on it from when i bought it.

I mainly will be doing some twisties stuff and local streets, but also hoping to get it on the track "mallala" too when it warms up a bit.

The bike is 177kg dry

I've had a bit of a look around on the net and thinking bridgestone battlax hypersport S21
    But i really have no idea on what to choose ?
    I had Battlax tyres on a CBR1000 a few years ago and was pretty happy with them...

Any advise appreciated

2. Dunlop q3 mate

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. #3 CraigA, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    How did you like the Sportsmarts? We're they the original Sportsmart or Sport smart 2s? I liked the original Sport smarts. Haven't tried the 2s yet.

Hard to go past Q3s. Cheaper than most and as good, or better as anything else going in that range.
    Great for track days unless you are quick enough to break the lap record, in which case you might want to look at slicks!:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cheers guys

done some more reading after your recommendations and think i'll go the Q3's.

there the original Sportsmarts i have on it Craig, iv'e been pretty happy with them. had a cpl of hairy moments on them, but that's more due to my ridding ability i think and doing stupid shit lol.
    definitely won't be breaking any track records if i do hit the track ;)