Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

O/T Plumbing Pre Apprenticeship Q.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Guest, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Ok I seriosly need some help. A couple of weeks ago I decided that after 6 months of job looking I would start a Plumbing Apprenticeship.

But the problem is, because most employers find apprentice's at the end of the year. I decided to do my first year through group training, but they require a Pre Apprenticeship, which I think only run once a year :?

Has anybody got any ideas on what to do ?
  2. Victor Sierra Charlie this is Oscar One over.

3. And people accuse me of being too obtuse :LOL:

PLEASE explain, scooter :grin:
  4. He is a creepy stalker :shock:
  5. Just a gentle reminder to PJ not forget where his real destiny lies :LOL:
  6. Shouldn't it be, VKC to Melbourne West 307, then.
  7. LMAO, how would I know, well I do now, damn the bill got it wrong?
  8. I just had a thought That bill call sign would make a good ring tone.
  9. Ring around the TAFE Institutes to see when they are running any this year. They mostly started in February and they're 14 week courses so you'll probably need to wait.

Box Hill, RMIT and NMIT (Northern Melbourne) run them (don't know the dates) and Chisholm definitely has one starting in July, probably at their Dandenong Campus.

10. Thanks mate. :grin:
  11. They do this at VU in Sunshine where i work

the department is next door

will you come this far

if so i will look into for you
  12. Thanks for the offer, but as I live in outer Eastern suburbs it proberbly is a bit far. :grin:
  13. Apprenticeship courses work on the half yearly basis. You can start either at the start of the year, or some time around june.

Pre apprenticeships are a joke, and I would advise you avoid them like the plague. You pay THEM to learn three quarts of stuff all, and it doesn't guarantee you a job.

Just go straight to looking for an apprenticeship, you'll be way better off.

Get into your local paper and just ring around.
  14. PJ your best bet is to look around for someone who will give you a go because you wont get into tafe unless someone prepared to employ you.

My son did a pre aprentisehip and found it hard to continue unless he got a job which took ages but finally found one and even then hes been there 12 months now and only now got excepted into NMIT and starts this month. Thats how long the wait was before he could get into Tafe.

Ive seen a few guys out your way looking for first yr aprentise's in the local papers..there around

Best of luck!!! :)
  15. Good luck looking for an apprenticeship this time of year.

Im a qualified carpenter / joiner doing commercial work, and im sruggling to keep myself going atm.
  16. Thanks, At the moment I am considering join a group training organisation for the rest of the year . And then start next year with a Company as a 2nd year (almost) apprentice :grin:

Hopefully :wink:
  17. Is it that bad out there for guys in your field daggz?...thats interesting to know