Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

O M F G I am in love !

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Dehon, May 26, 2005.

1. Well the beast is home, and in one piece no less, HUZZAH !

You know, I don't know why I waited so long in life to buy a bike (missus reckons I am having a mid life crisis). Riding it home was F*CKING BRILLIANT ! Loved it......LOOOOVED IT ! OMG what a buzz!

Anyway I took the route home that I had planned and apart from one stall at a set of lights (oops), I did bloody well, granted it wasn't peak hour traffic or anything. But I do need and will do, a lot more practice...gear changes, cornering, etc.

So to all of you who have welcomed me, provided advice, sent personal messages etc, MUCH appreciated! Don't think I could have gotten where I was without it and I'm sure you'll see an increase in me posting newbie questions as I spend more time on the bike.

Let the good times roll !

Trav

2. Welcome to the incurables club!

3. No goin back now trav.......... you will probably spend all weekend polishing it and looking at it and seeing how shiny the helmet is......and then of course there is your bike as well..... :p :p :p

4. Congrats on your first ride Trav.

Welcome to the small, elite group of 500F owners. . . . LOL

5. Another one hooked!

If you're like me, you won't be able to wipe the grin from your face. You'll even look forward to commuting in the rain...

6. Congrats Trav. Like Gromit said you won't be able to wipe the grin off your face. I've had my bike for just over three months. I had an off about two weeks ago and haven't been on the bike since. My missus keeps threatening to buy me a new bike rather than fix the old one up, so she doesn't have to see my long face about the place. I'm just holding out repairing it in the place of a brand new one...:LOL:...only kidding bikes going in for surery next week.

7. Peak hour traffic????

Dehon, please tell me you didn't say peak hour ttraffic~~~!!!!!
    Two cars stopped at the traffic lights in Canberra is peak hour traffic!
    Seriously, enjoy the relatively clear streets of our nation's capital, it's a great place to learn (and there's some nice twisties out at the Cotter too!!)

8. There's nothing wrong with a mid life crisis. It's a real good excuse to accumulate some A+ toys!! I'm on my 4th midlife crisis at the moment.

9. heh heh, peak hour in Canberra is like the dead of night anywhere else!
    Just watch the roundabouts on frosty winter mornings.
    You are going to ride in the winter too, aren't you Dehon?

10. Nods don't miss an opportunity like that, go and buy the new bike, the missus won't give you a second chance.

11. I agree
    Opportunities like that don't come along all that often!

12. Yeah, I don't know why I waited so long either.

It's a hoot!

13. I didn't spend 9k on bike and gear just to shelve it in winter. My oath I'll be out there riding ! .... so who wants to buy my now unwanted car ??? \:D/

14. WHAT, no riding in winter.... SISSIES

I ride 40miles, in snow 1 foot deep just to get to work, and I do it bare foot... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

15. carrying a horse, no less

16. And carrying the cart as well.

Will some one please find my heated undies....

17. yeah its great.
    When i got my new bike I couldnt get the grin off my face for months. Am glad I have a full face helmet, otherwise other road user would have seen me laughing to myself while rideing and thought jees he is weird!
    Hahaha

18. Monaro Highway after knock off is no picnic :p

19. Er...Chicko Roll? Or was that Kawasaki??? ;)

Actually you clowns who reckon there is no traffic - explain why most mornings I spend a fair portion of my 30k ride to work bloody lane splitting????

jdm

20. umm, because you can?????
    seriously, I lived in Canberra for over 20 years, and, compared to Sydney traffic, it's a wasteland...
    apart from the ocassional hold-up, usually caused by everyone slowing down to rubber-neck at the motorist stranded by the roadside waiting for the NRMA to come and change their flat tyre, traffic problems are minimal.
    i used to ride across the city to work every day and rarely got held up.