Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Nut Removal By Shotgun!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 2wheelsagain, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Not sure if this should be here or in Jokes...... :roll:

A 66-year-old man shot himself in both his legs Saturday afternoon while trying to loosen a stubborn lug nut with a 12-gauge shotgun.

Kitsap County sheriff's deputies were called to the residence on the 10800 block of SE Olympiad Drive at 2:57 p.m. after the shooting was reported to 911 emergency dispatchers, said Deputy Scott Wilson, a sheriff's office spokesman.

"Nobody else was there and he wasn't intoxicated," Wilson said.

2. With that title, I was expecting the guy to be a little worse off.
  3. Kitsap County is located on the Kitsap Peninsula in Washington State across the Puget Sound from Seattle. It comprises a total land mass of 393 square miles. Kitsap County ranks 36th in size among Washington counties. Kitsap County was founded in 1857, and was originally named Slaughter County.

I think that just about sums it all up :LOL:
  4. But did it loosen the nut or not?
  5. One was removed to hospital :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  6. Yep, I thought a testicle was going to be iced...

Reminds me of a Darwin award wannabe contender story I read. There was a guy, a tradey of some kind, who used to use a workshop fixed belt sander during lunch times to help whip one off... except this one time... he made an error and literally ripped a testicle off... BUT so as to avoid a fuss he STAPLE gunned the skin folds back together and dressed the wound somehow. Well the story goes that several days later he had to present to casualty due to swelling and infection... and had to have the rusty staples removed. Apparently the story came out after much cajoling by the staff... :shock: just thinking about it makes my legs cross.
  7. If you ever want to be chilled to the core, ask VTRBob how he removed his nut.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised he hasn't built himself a new one out of chickenwire, a head of cabbage and a ball of twine.
  8. only in america...
  9. I wouldn't suggest you use the shotgun technique on your Kat bearings!

Loz, give us a clue...?!
  10. That story's Bob's to tell I'm afraid. But do ask, it will change you forever.
  11. :shock: :shock:
    i see where this is heading :eek:
  12. Should I tell or not ? :twisted:
  13. Please do - with the maximal possible descriptive detail and photos if possible.

Of course, if you told it, you'd have one less pub story for people, and you wouldn't get to watch their faces as you tell them in person... So it's up to you sir!
  14. Tell, tell, tell!

15. I too would like to hear this tale (I think). And I'm not likely to meet you in the pub, so 'twill be my only chance :grin:.