Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Number of Users!?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by CodeBlueChick, Jan 25, 2005.

1. As of 08.10am today, apparently there are:
    Sheesh..thats a DAMN lot of guests! Whose been logging the netrider forum page on to every computer at work now?! :shock: :D

2. I want to know who the 4 were. Yourself, obviously.. who else, I wonder...

3. Umm..me, glitch_oz, koma and Cowboy1600 I believe :)

4. I am not sure (and mouth could shed some light on this) - when people connect via the rss feeds, are they acknowledged as guests or not acknowledged at all?

That could account for some of the guests... (I'd be one if that is the case)

5. I used to login to Netrider automatically when I hit the page but for some reason this does not seem to work anymore. This is a real pain when you go to reply to a message.

So i guess that I am not the only one with this issue..

Hey Boz you are considered a guest if you are just browsing and dont actually login.

6. When you log in do you "tick" the 'Log me on automatically each visit:' box? I did and I never need to log on manually.

7. In addition to ticking the box, you also need cookies enabled (else your computer can't store your info)

But I am not really browsing the forums when I use the rss feed. Instead, I am using a program that puts https://netrider.net.au/forums/rss.php into a nice readable format. So does accessing that page mean that I am browsing or not? I am not sure how the server logs it's guests... (and also - the program I use downloads that linked page, and then I 'browse' the files on my computer)

8. Your cookie must have expired.

9. yep box is ticked and cookies enabled..
    No go..

10. try deleting all your cookies through "tools->Internet Options" and re logging in.

(This will mean you will need to re-enter in all your passwords and preferences for all your commonly used sites)

11. Tools > Internet Options > Temporary Internet Files > Settings

Search for your netrider cookie, delete it and then log into the site again.

Dont delete all of them or you will have to enter all your preferences for other webfrights all over again.

12. Deleted the cookies again and it worked this time

13. RSS Feed; What program do you use?

Heya boz,
    :?: what program do you use that puts feeds into a nice readable format?

--

I am using Feedreader [v2.7; b646] on my work Desktop,
    and synchronising the generated files with my Laptop so i can read them offline.

It is convenient,
    yet the format is a bit annoying since it does not organise threads very well.

Also, it has a settings for Username and Password,
    but i have not enabled them yet as i am not sure of the ramifications.

14. Acknowledged as guests.