Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NT] Small one but annoying nontheless

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Rented, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Hi guys.

Today on my way back to work a Land Cruiser/Patrol (the current Patrol and an 80 series look so similar now...) manages to not see me (bright white and red and blue RVF400 with a bug dude on it and the headlights on) and attempts to cross the main road I was on.

I saw him coming and had started slowing, expecting him to realise his mistake, he didn't, but he was moving slowly as if distracted by something else. I had enough room to accelerate and swerve away from him, crossing his path and beeping like mad. If the driver is worth his salt he'll realise he was a knob and keep a better eye out. It's the first time that has happened in three years of riding, and I ride everywhere.

That said the pull out in front of you trick happens all the time, bike or car, but dotting the i on someone is pretty scary.

That was my first near miss that was NOT my fault.
  2. Just always assume the worst and prepare for it, it'll make you feel better!