Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[nsw] two fatals on F3 in two days

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by bonox, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Anyone want to take bets on how long it'll be before the F3 becomes like the pacific hwy? This afterall is following multiple incidents in a similar region earlier in the year involving trucks as well.

Are we about to have 6 lanes of divided freeway turned into a 60 zone with squillions of tmu cars?
  2. Nah. They might extend the 90 section though.

Also, we don't have TMU cars, we have Highway Patrol in NSW.
    Which I spose is like saying "We don't have cockroaches. We have rats." but I thought I'd point it out anyways.
  3. My apologies, I did not know that the accidents in question were car accidents (not that that makes them any less sad, of course)

As a general rule in NSW, you can expect ANY speed limit, ANYWHERE, to be LOWERED; you'll die of oxygen starvation if you hold your breath waiting for one to be raised....
  4. they raised the limit of a 50 zone near my place recently, no driveways or streets to turn on to for almost 1km, i'm sure it took a considerable about of whinging by some locals to make it happen... and they raised it to a massive 60km (that it had always been anyway)
  5. I always find it ironic how the Old Road can be infested with patrol cars and just across the bush the F3 is left with very little visible police presence.
  6. spent my whole life next to the F3. the road doesnt cause accidents.
    comparred to the pac hwy fatal rate (prior to F3) its a heap better
  7. It's getting awfully crowded at times now though.
  8. I don't get the accidents on the F3 (I'm talking in general, not these two specific instances) - it's a good piece of road with reasonable sight lines and fairly decent sized lanes, yet people seem to run into things with alarming regularity.

This morning's accident seems somewhat odd. According to news reports I heard before going to work, there were two cars stopped in the left hand lane?
  9. I travelled it daily for 18mths, and then sporadically for 8yrs but my hunch / theory / opinion is fairly simplistic. It's a commuters road and one that most folks wake up to sub 6am and don't get home to post 7pm. They're all tired and lacking concentration in both directions, all you need now is a teaspoon of impatience and it's a fruggin good recipe for a thoughtless bingle.