Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] Tarana Brass Monkey Run, Sun Jun 17th

Discussion in 'NSW' started by ForumBot, May 27, 2007.

1. Added to Calendar by: gegvasco

In the best traditions of the Tarana run last year, how about we drag out every bit of cold weather gear we have and head up to the Tarana Pub for lunch. Was a good run last year in cold but sunny conditions.

Depart McGrath's Hill Maccas 10am, Bells...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.
  2. I shall be there Gregg !
    Are you Stroming it ??
    Hit that dirt track through Megalong ???
  3. Might as well. That wonderful V-Strom motorbike gets neglected a bit when I'm only doing short trips because the CBR is the weapon of choice normally.
  4. Will come along if I still have my bike.
  5. How about a stop at Hampton Wind Park to 'hear' the wind turbines? :wink:
  6. At this stage, I'll be there.
  7. Sounds like a nice ride, I will try and make it. I am doing a Batemans bay run on the 16th with Illawarra riders, so may be too buggered.

8. . . . not again !
    I'll sucked up in the Ninjas jetwash again !
  9. i will bring a tow rope.!
  10. Hello gegvasco and Mickyb, hey strangers!!! :grin: :grin:

Lots have happened since you saw me last so I hope I can get back on the road now. I would love to join up if you let me (I haven't ridden in 6 months!!!) :grin:

Bah it's on the very next weekend isn't it? I will have to see if my schedule allows... :?
  11. You're always welcome Sajie. Would be great to see another one from the old crowd resurface.

I'm a great TEC thanks to my views on speeding! So if you want to take it easy you won't get left behind.
  12. hey hey Saj !!
    so are you coming ???
    rumour has it the CBR250RR is now CBR600F4i . . . . :eek:

Am I spinning sh1t again or is it true ????
  13. To avoid any confusion, Brass Monkey is in reference to the old saying "Cold enough to freeze the balls off a Brass Monkey". It isn't anything to do with the Brass Monkey Rally.
  14. The weather for Katoomba tomorrow is a few showers and a top of 10. Lithgow/Bells Line will be a fraction colder. No forecast for Bathurst yet but Orange is supposed to be fine and a top of 12.

So the weather will be a bit iffy but I'm going anyway. Understandable if others don't though.
  15. i'm giving it a miss Gregg !
    I woke up 30mins ago . . . :eek:
    Also I think i've had enough of this wet weather long distance riding.
  16. So, can we get a confirmation on who's coming given the weather. Just so we(or I as it may turn out) know who to expect at McGrath's Hill.
  17. I will give it a miss too. I will do a run through Nasho etc instead in between storms.

18. If I'm not there by 10:15, count me out, otherwise see you tomorrow.
  19. It's going to be a beautiful day for a ride. I'll be there.
  20. What a great day, the sun shining, the birds singing, the roads vacant of other vehicles, the bike not starting ... um ... yes, after a wonderful day riding, we fill up with fuel at Mt Victoria, and then my bike wouldn't start.

Moral of story, just because you have a major service two weeks prior, don't think for a second that the mechanics have checked the water levels in the battery (nor had I, but that is another story).

Lucky for me, once we found the battery (I'm glad I carry tools to remove the covers), and we filled it up with water, she kicked over without an issue. Have got to love Kawa's.

Anyway, I had better add this to my weekly checks.