Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] Super Cheap 1000, Bathurst

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by pvda, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Yes, I know this is a bike site but I also know several of you will be sitting in front of the TV watching it.

To keep track of who is doing what up there during practice & qualifying go here

2. you're a nice man considering this is a small car race in the middle of NSW this weekend!!
  3. love Bathurst - me the chair the Telly and an Esky from 7:00am - 5:00pm, oh and a BBQ Chook !!!
  4. Damn, I saw the heading and thought there was a litre bike for sale. Sigh.
  5. I worked as a flaggie at over 10 of them then as a radio tech at two more so I know all about the little race in the middle of NSW.

Actually drove home from the FX meeting at Eastern Creek last November via Bathurst, cos we could and to show a few of the guys with us that TV just doesn't do the place justice, well worth the extra 2.5 hours.

It's a must for all Car & Bike enthusiasts to drive/ride around the track if you're in the area, just stick to below the speed limit :wink: as the cops are pretty hot around that track :roll:
  6. is anyone actually watching this atm?

Would be nice if such said person could post qualiflying times of the top couple of cars every couple of laps
  7. I know it's not live, but try Here
  8. thanks i was watching this but was just after a quickier update then waiting on them updating that site.... not many fords in the top 10..... NOT HAPPY!!
  9. it was on channel ten today :)
  10. I'd like to dedicate this post to Cowboy1600.

This has to be the least exciting spectical for a poor excuse for a race that exist anywhere in the planet. Yes even worse than NASCAR.
  11. Careful there.... This is a great race - and even stops some people, not the nation tho. I'll be watching on Sunday!
  12. You

13. But you're a girl and girls aren't supposed to like car racing :wink:

Then again where was it we bumped into each other back in March :p

I've just checked the schedule for the event I'm going to on Saturday night and it finishes at 3am so I'll be lucky to be home by 5am for a 7am telecast start :shock:
  14. Cool the set, and warm the tinnies!!!!!!!!!!!!!