Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW speeding fines

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Dante, May 25, 2006.

1. aparently ive been caught doing 76 (seventy-six) in a 60 zone

whats the deal with contesting in court, considering ive got a perfect clean record for the past 10 years.(and never had a ticket or offence)

yes this was on the way to homebush bay on 2nd of may.

on that particular trip, i had 2 incidents on the same road, first at lights where cars turn right or go straight, car in front turns right , while van on my 8 oclock chatches up passes on left then proceeds to cut across intersection where i am (ended up in the vans blind spot) avoided that fine.
    further along, see truck beind in mirror using phone stop at lights infront of line incase of a rear endin.

after that is where i get the 'speeding fine.' was more concerned about the dork on the phone in my mirrors, so cant say either way wether i was or not.
    blaxland rd ryde. :p :cool:

contest or not '? that is the question.
  2. If you have not had a ticket for more than ten years on a gold licence you can write to the Infingement Bureau and ask that they consider your case and give the one time only excemption.

This advice from local Highway Patrol Sarge.

You MUST have had the gold lic for ten years or longer with no infringements at all.

9 years and 10 months is not good enough.

Good luck.
  3. I do not think you can contest the result. Suggest you to write the letter, showing your clean history and ask for mercy. I have friends got away that way, but it does not work for me.
  4. In your case, no contest but clemency. :cool: