Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] South Coast Roads

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by Matchstick01, May 13, 2007.

1. On satday i did a bit of riding down the coast and found that by 1pm, most roads were wet even though it hadn't rained in days. Is this a bad day or are all the south coast road going to be like this for the next few months until it is warmer again. Also, will roads in other directions become like this too? Is there any point planning a trip up to oxley or will the roads be slippery all day at this time of year up there too?

Cheers,

Paul

2. Need some harleys to ride ahead of us. The combination of cataclysmicly low speeds + mountains of power (and therefore exhaust head) will dry the roads up nicely :rofl:

3. Nope, pretty typical for that area, and it'll mostly stay that way until it starts to warm up again. Don't let that deter you, just go a bit slower and enjoy the scenery :)

4. Yes, sorry, Paul, but the combination of relatively low ambient temperature and overhanging trees, etc, means that many of our roads stay damp at least, right through the day. There are a couple of corners on Macquarie Pass that were more than that yesterday and it was around 23 degrees ambient temperature; they were wet when we went through at around 7:30 am and still damp enough to cause concern at 2:30 pm in the arvo...

With the heavily wooded character of the Oxley, I suspect that that road might be in a similar situation, although a call to the folks at the Ginger's Creek Roadhouse would be the best way of finding out about conditions on a more immediate basis.

5. I dont see why they just cant cut a few trees down to let the sun dry out the road

6. :LOL: try running that one by bob brown :LOL:

7. Lol who is bob brown?

Be careful in the national park as well people, went through there today at about 4.30pm and there were still wet patches and moss over the road.

8. And they say global warming will cause everyone problems, I say bring it on :LOL: