Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] Sophie's ride4difference, Sat Jun 2nd

Discussion in 'NSW' started by ForumBot, May 8, 2007.

1. Added to Calendar by: Carl Glover

Where and when.
    Riders will meet at Sydney Olympic Park Homebush Saturday 2nd June 07 for a 12:00 departure. One “HUGE†procession will make their way to the Harbord Diggers Club where refreshments will be available.
    Major meeting points for ride...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.
  2. Sophie's ride4difference 2007

Hi all,
    I hope that you will all join me again this year on Sophie’s ride for difference. Slight name change this year to avoid confusion. 100% of funds got to the Day of Differenec Foundation as last year but the ride is still in honour of Sophie Delezio.
    Where and when.
    Riders will meet at Sydney Olympic Park Homebush Saturday 2nd June 07 for a 12:00 departure. One HUGE procession will make their way to the Harbord Diggers Club where refreshments will be available.
    Major meeting points for riders are;
    Penrith Panthers 10:45am departure
    Helensburgh Hotel Cnr Walker and Parkes Street Helensburgh 9:45 Departure
    South Coast Customs 39 Captain Cook Drive
    Caringbah NSW 2229 10:45 Departure
    Dee Why Surf Life Saving Club The Strand, Dee Why Beach 10:45 Departure
    Departing Sydney Olympic Park at 12:00 ride to harbourd Diggers for presentation.
    Check ride4sophie .com .au for additional info
    Register online as a rider and be there on the day and you go into the draw for a pair of draggin jeans and other great prizes.
  3. Feedback

Some media groups and venue providers are asking for an indication of expected numbers this year. I would appreciate some feedback as to those considering joining us on the ride day. June 2nd

4. I'll be there.
  5. yeah, i might, like last year !

I have to win a street directory !!! :twisted:
  6. Just to liven this thread up a bit - this event last year was bloody brilliant. They had hundreds of bikes and raised $57000. Ron Delizio was given a hire bike for the day and led the ride. All sorts turned up and in the absence of any Police, the motorcycle club riders took care of traffic control, if you know what I mean.

Highly recommend attending this one. You won't regret it.
  7. Im in for this one
  8. I'll be in this too :)
  9. I'll see how my riding skills are by then. If i'm feeling like i will not be a danger to others, i'll be there!

10. Sophie's ride4difference 2007

Thank guys for spreading the word about this. Remember this day is for everyone, that’s scooters, sporties, harleys, cruisers, trikes, the works. We also expect more custom cars following us this year. I have been given some great prizes to give away on the day as rider donate they will be given a ticket for the raffle, prizes include a holiday, a 5 star harbour dinner cruise and more.

Remember Those who register via the website and attend on the day will be in a draw to win a voucher for a pair of Draggin Jeans and other great prizes.

Last year Sophie’s accident meant that the children’s hospital’s need for lifesaving equipment was front of mind for many people. This year we need an extra effort to spread the word about this great event.

Bikeskape has donated a loan Harley for Ron Delezio again this year. Ron hasn’t stopped talking about last year’s event and like me he can’t wait to see the hundreds of keen riders/supporters again this year.

11. I wanted to go last year, but couldn't make it due to pior arrangements. I'll be in like Flynn.
  12. Cmon guys n girls lets all get behind this, its an excellent cause god forbid our children should ever be in the position that sophie found herself in Lets number up and make a difference
  13. Newcastle group

I have a few riders some from last year and some new looking to ride down from Newcastle. If you are from this area and considering coming on the day please let me know so that I can link you up and get that region together as a group.
  14. Gegvasco
    Thanks for your efforts on this.
    I am a bit curious as to the low level of participation on this thread as apposed to last year. There is every indication that this year’s ride will be as big or bigger than last year going by registrations and other feedback.

I hope that as last year the netrider community will join us.

I am unable to post a direct link to the ride's website as I have limited posts here. Would someone be kind enough to do that for me please.
  15. Sophie will be joining us

It’s official

Sophie will be able to join us on the day.

Please come along to support us and to meet Sophie.

Sophie and her brother Michell, dad Ron and Mother Carloine will join us on the day.

The entire Delezio family and the Day of Difference Foundation appreciate the support of the ride4difference event both last year and this. It’s not often that Sophie can appear at public events so lets turn it on.

Local media will be encouraging families to come down to the Diggers club and see the bikes and cars. A Jumping castle, face painting, clowns and a special guest will be great entertainment for the kids.

Carl Glover

Please visit www.ride4sophie.com.au

Mob. 0408 033360
  16. That's outstanding that the whole family can come. Not just for Sophie but for her Mum and brother as well. I'm sure they've been through an absolutely horrible time as well since the first accident.

I've been trying to drum up some support at work as well. In fact, I will use the netrider cards to zap all the bikes at work with details of the ride.
  17. hey whats going on with us sydney net riders lets show some support here !!!!!!!
  18. More good news.
    Charli from Hi5 will be there again this year. She's fun and helps to make it a special day for the local kids that come along.
  19. Sweeetttttttt =P~

TotalPanic, if you got a buzz out of riding in a group with the riders on South Hd Rd, you should definitely come on this one. At one point last year halfway between Homebush Bay and Harbord we were riding 6 bikes wide down a 3-lane highway and for hundreds of metres in front and behind all you could see was bikes 6 wide. I remember it well because a poor chick on a scooter with a bright, brand spanking new L plate who wasn't with the ride was "gobbled up" by the 600 bikes and she was absolutely crapping herself as she was surrounded by Harleys. I was sitting behind her trying to give her some space and she was so frightened that her arms were rock solid straight and she was shaking all over the road.
  20. Yeah come on Netriders, get your name down here and turn up on the day. It's a great cause and a fun time guaranteed :wink: