Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[nsw] "Safety Cameras" coming to Newcastle

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Mr Messy, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Hey guys.
    Not sure of the source for this but it was forwarded to me and everyone around here knows it was only a matter of time until they came up this way. So, posting up for reference.

That said, the locations ARE on the list linked below.

p.s. still not sure if the 'safety camera' on paramatta road got me a couple weeks ago or not - i had a b-double up my ass and the lights changed on a downhill section... might have sped up just a tad, and good thing as the truck did too. Seems a lot safer for me to have done that then deploy anchors, but i bet the SDRO would disagree.

2. The one on the intersection of King Georges and Moorefields flashed me the week after it was installed - just crested the hill in the rain behind a truck myself, doing about 45...
    It was being repaired last week...
  3. ****'s sake they're just not going to stop are they?

These cameras are a bloody danger to motorists, "safety camera" is just an insult to our intelligence...
  4. Exactly mate, had i hit the skids like i said in my OP, truck would have wiped me out.
  5. Yeah it's getting so I actually want those lights to be red when I get there...
  6. Sorry posted in wrong topic
  7. Well summarised. Were they truthfully named, 'Revenue Camera' would be more fitting.
  8. Suprised there only going up there now to be honest