Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW RTA releases custom number plates for bikes!

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by TWEET, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Well it only took 26 years, but recently the NSW RTA have allowed customised plates (personalised plus) on motorcycles.

This brings NSW in to line with most other states and means you can add a custom touch to your machine.
    Custom bike plates cost $30 to have made and between $170-$190 per year to display, and can be had in a variety of background/Letter colour combos up to 5 characters.

Pretty cheap compared to cars which cost $430 year, and more accessable than QLD which cost >$2000 upfront but have no annual fee.

See if what you want is available: Here

I also have a few for sale in the classifieds under parts, accessories and apparel.

2. Damn Plate Levi's I tell you!!!!!! :evil: :mad: :LOL:

I have custom one's on my car lol if i get a bike might get a custom plate depends if i can come up with somthing that refects me :p
  3. In Sunny Melbourne, custom plates for bikes are $395. No annual fee.
  4. I have been waiting for 2 years for one for my bike and what i wanted was availible ,now someone else got it. :cry:
  5. YET!!
  6. Bracks might be looking enviously at NSW and planning a change any day now. :(
  7. It's been in the planning for at least the last 6 months.
  8. Yep. NSW RTA didn't have an annual fee for personalised plates until recently when they figured it was another financial gold mine for them to explore. Can't see why Victoria wouldn't follow suit.
  9. that puts you in the same class as ticket scalpers!
  10. THIS SUCKS! :mad:

Got my personalised plates at the old rates, black for $125 annual just last month!!!! Now it only costs $50 !!! :?
  11. just exchange 'em for new plates and new rates :-k
  12. Ziggyboy won't have to exchange them, the RTA will apply the new pricing at the next rego renewal.