Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW NSW (RTA) motorcyle modifications guidlines

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by 6hundred, Oct 26, 2011.

  1. Hi all,
    Im re-wiring a cafe racer that Im building and want to know what i can remove from my motorcycle.

    Am i required to have a neutral light, oil light, indicators on the instrumentation? Or can i just mount up a speedo and ride? And what about hi beam, hazards, ect? I assume a horn would be required?

    Ive downloaded the guidlines from the RTA but there is nothing in there that says i require any of these things.

    Any one able to guide me on this one?

  2. I do recall reading that you need most/all of those lights in an ADR document. i think they are designed to confuse the f*** out of us, and I can't remember where I found it sorry.
    Safest bet is to wire in new, smaller versions of all the old lights I recon.
  3. definitely need a horn for rego
  4.  Top