Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] RTA & motorcycles/scooters

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Psycho Biker, Aug 1, 2007.

1. From the MCC of NSW

Quote: An RTA spokeswoman rejected the suggestion that motorcyclists were experiencing widespread problems with the e-tag system.

I would like to make this silly "spokeswoman" eat her words...

I need every scooterist/ motorcyclist who has an etag to email their "experience" to mccnsw@gmail.com
    I will not use your email address but I will need emails to be signed with a real name.

Please pass this message on to any other motorcyclist chatroom / bulletin board

Original SMH article link http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/2007/07/28/1185339326747.html
  2. Hell yeah! I have sent an email.

The tolling setup in Sydney is a joke!
  3. you need to mention things about:

1. what windscreen?
    2. windscreen is so highly curved that their tag won't stick to it regardless of what you try. (much higher vibration than a car is also worth mentioning)
    3. it isn't waterproof
    4. CCT has asked riders to wear the tag on their person - impact damage completely ignored by the ignorant.
    5. theft issue of tags when parked.
    6. magnetic holder pointed to in the smh article is another useless idea put forward by the ignorant as there are very few steel places to put these things with the rise in plastic scooters and non-ferrous metal fuel tanks on bikes.

Tell em to jam the tag up their proverbials and just match number plates - they've got the technology - just do it as the normal method.